AAUW Start Smart workshop
- John and Frances Angelos Law Center
Register in advance via the CSI portal on OrgSync or at the link above. Space is limited.
AAUW Start Smart is specifically designed to teach you how to negotiate salaries for a new job. In every two-hour workshop you’ll gain confidence in your negotiation style through facilitated discussion and role-play and learn
- How to identify and articulate your personal value
- How to develop an arsenal of persuasive responses and other strategies to use when negotiating
- How to conduct objective market research to benchmark a target salary and benefits
- About the pay gap, including its long-term consequences
Why is negotiation so important? AAUW’s research on the gender pay gap shows that, one year out of college, women are already paid significantly less than men — in 2009, women one year out of college who were working full time were paid, on average, just 82 percent of what their male peers were paid. And those lost potential earnings add up over a lifetime.
Women who negotiate increase their potential to earn higher salaries and better benefits packages. By negotiating fair and equitable salaries, you’ll be better able to pay off loans, buy the things you want and need, and even save (though it may seem like it’s far away) for retirement.
Light refreshments will be provided.
- Contact Name:
- Sara Ousby
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request 10 days prior to a campus event and 30 days prior to an event requiring travel.