Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Here is a list of some frequently asked questions. Please don't hesitate to call or email us.

  • How do I request services?

    Facilities Management uses an external system, School Dude, that allows campus users to place and track work orders.  Please also visit our services webpage to learn more about we offer.

  • How do I get access to School Dude?

    Typically, departments have one or two employees who have access to School Dude. Click here for a list of work order coordinators.  You can also call the Facilities Management office at 410.837.5189.

  • How do I request keys?

    Place a work order through School Dude. Please note keys are funded by the department requesting the duplicate key.

    Please note that when employees leave the University, their keys should be returned to the University of Baltimore Police Department, located on the first floor of the Charles Royal building (1319 N. Charles Street). There are no exceptions.

  • How does my department initiate a construction or renovation project?

    Complete a Facility Planning Project Request Form and email it to The form is also distributed every April and reviewed in June.

    Please review our Campus Standards Handbook before completing the request form.

  • How do I report an emergency?

    Call 410.837.5189. If it is a fire or medical emergency, please call the UB Police Department at 410.837.4444.

  • When is the water feature in the Angelos Law School operational?

    The water feature operates Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 10:00pm, and on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please submit a work order if you would like the water feature to be operational during a time that is not listed.

    The outdoor water fountain is not operational from November 15 to April 15.

  • When are the outdoor terraces open in the Angelos Law School?

    The outdoor terraces are open from April 1 to December 1.  These dates are subject to change depending on the weather conditions.

    Please use caution while you are on the terrace and obey all posted signs.

  • What should I do if my suite and/or office is too hot or too cold?

    Please contact the Office of Facilities Management at 410.837.5189 or 

    Please also note the heating and air conditioning systems (HVAC) in nearly all university buildings cannot simultaneously operate both air conditioning and heat. We currently use extended weather forecasts and historical weather data to determine when the systems should be switched each fall and spring. Generally, the heat is turned on in late-October, and air conditioning is turned on in early-April, although allowances are made for variable weather patterns.

    Fall and spring are known as “shoulder” seasons, where temperatures can fluctuate widely. The operational changeover of the building system from heating to cooling is a complex process and must be based on sustained climate. By sharing this information, our goal is to help the community understand the operation of the heating and cooling systems on campus to improve your overall comfort level. You can also view our standard temperature settings here .

  • What sidewalks get cleared during inclement weather?

    Please refer to our inclement weather pedestrian access map.

    Please note the sidewalk around Langsdale on Oliver Street and Maryland Avenue is closed due to construction. Therefore, the secondary snow route on the north side of Oliver Street (next to the Post Office) will serve as a primary route. Any pedestrians traveling from the Fitzgerald Garage or points from the northwest to UB's main campus should use this route.

Last Published 7/17/17