Tips for FacultyEnlight
Tips for working in FacultyEnlight
- The FacultyEnlight link in the left-hand menu is for use to order textbooks for both the UB campus and Shady Grove.
- FacultyEnlight cannot accept cut and paste ISBN numbers, so it’s necessary to type all characters.
- If no text is required, no matter the type, of course, enter “No Text Required” to definitively indicate the textbook status. Keep this in mind for all types of courses including but not limited to labs, practicums, internships, classes using OER, library reserves or other cases where the course materials are not in textbook form. This also helps students who need to gather book costs for their budgets and third-party billing documentation.
- Keep in mind many students use financial aid or payments from third parties, and thus rely on the use of FacultyEnlight to populate the online store. If the textbook has not been entered in FacultyEnlight, the student may not have personal funds to buy the book from another source. Also, veterans need to document their book costs and may be delayed in their books purchases if the materials are not available in the online store.
- If no textbook is entered in FacultyEnlight, the online bookstore will indicate “Text to Be Announced”. Textbooks may be entered at any time into FacultyEnlight, and the vendor will process the order and it takes about a week to see the book for sale online.
- If a new course section is added, it’s necessary to update FacultyEnlight with the textbook, even if it’s the same for other sections. The students’ view shows specific sections.
- If you need assistance using FacultyEnlight, contact Carrie Wolford .
- A course packet is considered a textbook and should be entered in FacultyEnlight as "No Textbook Required". See below for course packet details.
What to expect from MBS Direct
- If you need to change your textbook selection, make the change in FacultyEnlight. The textbook representative may contact you to ask questions, and it takes about a week to see the book for sale online. Also, if copies of the original book have been purchased, the vendor will contact those students and make arrangements to send them the newly adopted book. Keep in mind, your course may not appear online while the vendor is processing the textbook change.
- If you have a FacultyEnlight confirmation, but your book does not appear online in the store, or your textbook does not appear correctly in the online store, contact Sean Dennehy at MBS Direct.
- It usually takes about a week for textbooks to flow through FacultyEnlight to MBS Direct and appear online if the book is in stock. If the vendor needs to work with the publisher to obtain the book, additional time will be needed for the books to appear on the online store. The message students will see if the book is on back order is “Materials Available at a Later Time”. If the students check back in a day or so, the book should be available. Also, the vendor makes every effort to fast-track orders during the semester rush.
- The vendor sometimes has a question about the edition. In another example, the book price had increased substantially, so the professor was notified and given the opportunity to consider whether the book was still desired.
Instructions for course packets
- Course packets need to be printed locally by Curry/Copy Cat Printing or PhotoSquared according to your preference and sold in The Hive campus store on the first floor of the Student Center. In the online store, "No Textbook Required" will be indicated, along with the comment "Course packet available for sale in the Student Center Hive, the first floor".
- If you need assistance with course packets, contact Carrie Wolford or Stefanie Shaffer.
- For Curry/Copy Cat contact Lisa Tasker of Curry Printing.
- For PhotoSquared contact Kim Barefield.