Office of Government and Public Affairs
- Government Relations and Advocacy
- Media Relations and Communications
- Policy Development, Coordination and Management
- Community Relations and Events
Some of What we Do....
- Advance President and University Strategic Priorities
- Match UB priorities with Government Interests
- Lead and Manage Media Relations
- Provide Opportunities for UB Community For Funding and Engagement
- Represent UB Externally
- Respond to External Requests for Information
Media and Public Affairs...
- Promote UB Community Accomplishments to the World
- Facilitate Campus Communication
- Write Speeches and Content for Online and Print Publications
Special Services to UB and the Public...
- Host Special Projects and Events
- Manage Maryland Public Information Act Requests
- Serve as UB's Title IX (Sexual Misconduct) Coordinator
- Serve as Community Information Line
Community Outreach Programs...
- Advance Programs that Support UB's Mission
- Coordinate UB's Anchor Institution Status (BCAP)
- Administer the HEROES Academy
- Host UB's Annual Holiday Giving
- Manage UB's Live Near Your Work Program
- Advocate for UB's interests to the Maryland General Assembly, Congress and City Council
- Lead UB's Legislative Process and Public Policy Development
- Coordinate UB Administrative Policy and Compliance Management