As part of the hiring process, all new employees must complete the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification online. The Form I-9 is mandated by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This Form is used to verify an employee's identity and to establish an employee's eligibility to work in the U.S. The employee MUST complete the Form I-9 online by the end of their first day of employment. The employee then has 3 business days to present their documents to a representative of Human Resources to verify their eligibility for employment.
There are two steps to completing the Form I-9 Verification:
Present your supporting documentation/identification. Click for a list of acceptable documents.
Complete the Form I-9 through the MyUB Portal. (Click here for downloadable instructions.)
- Log in to the MyUB Portal. (If you do not know your netID and/or password you can look it up and/or reset the password here.)
- In the Links to PeopleSoft box, click the Campus Solutions link. (The Links to PeopleSoft box is green and it should be on the left-hand side at the bottom of the page)
- A new Oracle page will appear. Click Self Service.
- Click Personal Information.
- Click Complete and Submit I-9 Form.
- Read through the form and complete it. On this page you will find a link to the Form I-9 Instructions that you may use as a guide to assist you.
- When you are finished, click the Accept button. A confirmation message should display.
- Click the OK button.
- Close that window.
- If desired, log out from the MyUB Portal. Remember to show your identification/documentation to HR.
- You must bring your documentation to HR during our normal business hours. HR is located on the 3rd floor of 1030 N. Charles Street, on the corner of Chase and Charles Street, across from the Belvedere). If you cannot report to HR during the posted hours, please contact us at 410.837.5410 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule another time. Please note that all documentation must be the originals; we cannot accept photocopies.