Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Learning Designer - Contingent I
Bank of America Center for Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Technology (CELTT)
Vacancy Number 300812
Position Type: Contingent I (contractual)
Opens: 07/17/17 Closes: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
Note: We removed this vacancy announcement from our current vacancies page and stopped accepting applications for it in late October 2017. Please consider our Instructional Designer recruitment; we added it to the current vacancies website at http://www.ubalt.edu/about-ub/offices-and-services/human-resources/jobs-at-ub.cfm on 10/27/2017.
PART- or FULL-TIME option. The learning and instructional designer primarily supports faculty in course development for face-to-face, hybrid and online courses related to educational design, development, and technology. Responsibilities include advising and assisting faculty on student learning outcomes, assessment tools, instructional strategies, and the integration of technology. Support is also provided through the creation of online resources and developing and delivering workshops.
Required Education and Experience:
Baccalaureate degree in instructional design, educational technology or related social sciences, Three years experience working with/on instructional technology, curriculum development, course design, and learning management platforms as evidenced by the instructional design of face-to-face, hybrid and fully-online courses and degree programs. Administrative responsibilities of a Learning Management System (LMS) in an educational setting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Curriculum development; instructional design; digital media and/or instructional technology; learning management platforms (such as Sakai); project coordinating; excellent verbal and written skills; highly organized and detail orientated. Minimal supervision needed. Work wells in a team environment. Collaboration skills in working with faculty and outside vendors.
The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
We appreciate your interest in our recruitment. Please review the information below before you visit http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html to apply.
We need to receive your electronic application in our system by the vacancy closing date in order to consider you for the vacancy. Information follows about submitting the electronic application and attaching your cover letter and resume.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
• Save a single PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered.
When you apply:
• In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
• Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
• Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THE FOLLOWING PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
• Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
• You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
• After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
• Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level. Entering this information is required.
• Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
• For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
• You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
• Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
• After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
• After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: Answer the questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer them, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or applying for the vacancy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
• Never use the Internet Explorer “Back” and “Forward” arrows to navigate. You will lose the information you have submitted.
• To navigate between pages, use the “Next,” “Previous,” and “Return to Previous Page” buttons.
• Use the “Save” button to save your information so you can return to it later and complete your application. Using “Save” does not complete the process to apply for a job opening.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices.