Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Cyber Program Manager/Analyst
Center for Drug Policy and Enforcement
Vacancy Number 300838
Position Type: Faculty position with benefits package
Opens: 02/26/18 Closes: Open Until Filled
Salary: $79,100 - $90,000
Note: Position is open until filled. Application review begins immediately, and applications received by 3/26/2018 will receive priority consideration.
The Cyber Program Manager/Analyst directly supports public safety, government, and private sector customers by identifying, creating and sharing relevant and actionable cyber intelligence and information, through assessments, bulletins, briefings and/or investigative support. The analyst performs a wide range of analytical functions including research, analysis and reporting on criminal and terrorism related vulnerabilities, risks, and threats posed by cyber actors to the State of Maryland. The analyst provides predictive analysis based on relevant local, regional, national or international intelligence information, trends or activities. This position works in developing, supporting and conducting statewide liaison and outreach activities as they relate specifically to Cyber security and protection related threats and vulnerabilities. The analyst will provide briefings and reports to government and private sector customers related to Cyber security, protection and vulnerabilities. The analyst assists the Critical Infrastructure Protection Branch in cataloging, assessing, prioritizing and reporting on the Information Technology and Communications related Critical Infrastructures and Key Resources and specifically identifies vulnerabilities, threats, consequences, and overall risk originating from natural or manmade threats, both intentional and unintentional.
1. Cyber security and protection related threat, vulnerability analysis and reporting:
• Perform analysis of raw, primary, and secondary data derived from various sources to advance cyber and electronic crime investigations, and threat mitigation efforts.
• Research, compile, analyze, and report cyber-crime, cyber terrorism, cyber-related intelligence trends and patterns.
• Produce assessments, bulletins, maps, charts and specialized reports to assist law enforcement, homeland security, government and private sector customers in supporting the security and protection of infrastructures and customers.
• Evaluate information and intelligence products from local, regional, national and international reporting for dissemination to private sector and public safety partners.
• Identify and research intelligence needs/trends/patterns related to the Information Technology related customers.
2. Develop and maintain relationships and liaison with local, state, federal and private sector partners and customers as related to assisting in securing and protecting constituents, customers, facilities and structures:
• Partner with other state, local and federal government agency outreach, liaison and training programs related to cyber security.
• Develop briefing and outreach materials supporting the mutual sharing of information and intelligence related to cyber security and threats to include Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR).
• Develop relationships supporting the identification and partnerships with Subject Matter Experts in the various cyber communities.
• Provide recommendations and assist in coordinating resources in the event that a Maryland private sector’s or government agency’s networks are disabled by a cyber-attack (including web defacements, posting of personal identifiable information, DDoS attacks, ransomware infections, social media account takeover, server breaches, etc.).
3. Maryland Cyber Program Development and Maintenance:
• Coordinate meetings with Cyber stakeholders in the government and private sector to develop procedures and policies for Cyber threat and Vulnerabilities awareness and information sharing.
• Coordinate and develop, in partnership with local, state and federal cyber and information and communication technology staff, a threat or attack response plan.
• Contribute to national intelligence collaboration and production related to cyber vulnerabilities, threats, and attacks.
• Participate in exercises, conferences, and training supporting the development and sustainment policies and sustainment resources.
• Develop strategy for expanding the tools, tradecraft and personnel necessary for Maryland’s Cyber Program.
• Assist in the evaluation of new threats, applications, or tradecraft supporting security protection of state, local government and private sector customers.
4. Continuing Education, Training and Conferences:
• Attend contemporary and continuing education/training opportunities supporting maintenance and advancement of analytical tradecraft and analytical systems and procedures to remain current with all necessary intelligence analysis systems and procedures.
• Participate in and/or lead conference sessions related to cyber related protection and security.
5. Other duties as assigned, include host agency’s web development and administration, SharePoint design and administration, form(s) design, social media engagement, cyber protection, etc.
Required Education and Experience: A Bachelor's degree in information technology, cyber security or other related field; Four years cyber security, analysis or investigative experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: A Master's degree or higher in intelligence, cyber security, information technology, or closely related field; Five or more year's experience in conducting cyber program management, analysis, investigations or intelligence.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of classified and open source research and data analysis methods and techniques.
• Ability to collect, assemble, analyze, and evaluate evidence, statistics, and other pertinent information to draw logical conclusions in order to effectively solve crimes. Experience working with Kali Linux, Python, ARC GIS Mapping, Pen Link or i2 analytical software.
• Familiar with local, state and federal cyber security resources.
• Capable in using cyber forensic tools and applications.
• Familiar with ethical hacking techniques and procedures.
• Familiarity with statistical analysis using Microsoft Excel or SSPS software.
• Experience working with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to a wide range and number of audiences.
• Experience working with federal, state and local law enforcement databases.
• Ability to work extended hours as necessary.
• Knowledge of the Intelligence Cycle and Criminal Investigations.
• Knowledge in the collection, analyzing, and dissemination of criminal intelligence information.
• Ability to research a voluminous amount of databases to identify trends or patterns.
• Ability to prepare graphs, charts, tables, maps, and other illustrative devices from collected data or visual presentations.
• Ability to effectively communicate both in oral and written form.
• Ability to understand and follow directives, instructions, and standard operating procedures.
** Due to the nature of the work, the analyst may be required to pass a drug screening test and must possess or obtain a government-issued security clearance and pass a criminal background check.**
** Employee may be required to work outside of normal duty hours during significant or special events and during crises or high-level investigations related to terrorism and criminal activities.**
The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
We appreciate your interest in our recruitment. Please review the information below before you visit http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html to apply.
We need to receive your electronic application in our system by the vacancy closing date in order to consider you for the vacancy. Information follows about submitting the electronic application and attaching your cover letter and resume.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and reer to the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION NAVIGATION
Before you apply, save one PDF (strongly preferred format) or Word document with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered.
When you complete your electronic application and attach your document:
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the application process.
1. In the system's Apply Now Choose Resume page, select Upload a New Resume, and then upload the PDF (preferred format) or Word document with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered. Then, click “Continue."
2. On the Apply Now Complete Application page, enter your contact information, and then click "Submit"
3. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: Answer all of the questions, and then click “Submit."
4. Complete the Submit Online Application page, then click "I agree to these terms", and then click Submit.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or submitting the electronic application, please contact Human Resources Recruitment at email@example.com. Please include your name and the vacancy number in your subject line.