Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Office of Shared Services
Vacancy number 301200
Position Type: Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Opens: 11/22/21 Closes: Open Until Filled
• excellent tuition remission benefits
• outstanding health benefits plans and rates
• at least 11 paid holidays each year
• 40 days of annual, personal, and sick leave each year, including 20+ annual leave days
• great retirement plans
Serving the Office of Shared Services within the division of Administration and Finance, this role participates in the development and monitoring of the financial and procurement activities for departments OSS provides services to at the University. Additionally, this position develops financial reports, provides analysis and forecasts to improve the operating budget and procurement requirements. This role also has oversight to revenue generating departments and coordinates required reconciliation/audit activities to appropriate accounting standards and assists in the development of financial planning and ongoing analysis.
The Financial Analyst determines compliance with University and University System of Maryland (USM) policies and procedures related to business, fiscal, and operational accountability. Under the direction of the Director, the position provides consulting and partnership with leadership regarding financial review and planning for operating, review and special budget needs. Finally, this position also recommends internal controls and business process changes to improve work flow and represents the OSS on committees.
We look forward to receiving your required electronic application with a cover letter and resume and learning about your interest in and qualifications for our vacancy. Please save your required cover letter and resume as one document and attach it in the resume location.
• Assists with the development, operations and oversight of department budgets and central budgets.
• Reviews and corrects budget errors and budget deficits in the PeopleSoft Financial system. Escalates unresolved issues.
• Assists in the annual budget submission in working with departments, moving funding when needed and resolving.
Revenue Reconciliation and Advertising Review Audit
• Models revenue forecast and has oversight to expenses. Coordinates with liaisons responsible to these areas to a monthly review.
• Lead in marketing advertising contract reconciliation on a monthly basis and audit review as required by UB, USM and State of MD.
• Leads process of reconciliation of deposits for OSS.
• Using the appropriate information technology through queries, extracts information necessary to generate accurate reports pertaining to assigned departments to assist decision making, expenditure review and planning.
• Develops standards of reporting to leadership. Coordinates monthly financial and HR packages to leadership.
• Develop relationships with department contacts to review monthly budget operating needs.
• Assist with specialized funding and procurement needs of capital planning budgets, grants and central resources.
Systems/Technologies and Business Process Documentation
• Actively participate in system upgrades and enhancements to PS Financials.
• Develop or update documentation, business processes and policies associated with the technologies and tools used by OSS staff. Provide training to new staff and student employees as needed.
• Coordinate paperwork for new users with proper access to departments in appropriate role.
• Establish and upkeep department budget list under OSS.
• Processes procurement requisitions, accounts payables and receivable transactions, vouchers, reimbursements, and various other accounting tasks.
• Responsible for maintaining proper documentation, signatures and receipts of expenditures for procurement card program.
• Perform electronic allocation to proper account code for procurement card transactions.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related financial fields.
Preferred Education: MBA or master’s degree in finance, accounting or information systems or related area.
Required Experience: Three years progressive experience in a financial or accounting position. Experience using financial and quantitative tools. Experience working with an ERP/integrated technology.
Preferred Experience: Experience working with an ERP/integrated technology, including data extraction and report development is desired. Familiarity with PeopleSoft Finance. Experience in a public higher education environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of best practices in financial planning and budgeting and general accepted accounting principles, in a public sector or higher education setting. The ability to create routine and ad-hoc reports ensuring the data submitted is clear and concise. The ability to manipulate the available data to perform complex financial analysis and to provide timely and accurate reports for use by leadership in addressing operational issues. Proven applicable experience working in and extracting data from an Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system, business analytics or other relevant systems applications and business software (MS Office) for analysis. Effective management and analytical skills, including the ability to problem solve and make sound recommendations and decisions. Provide training to colleagues and end users on appropriate system related activities. Ability to work collaboratively and to influence others within and outside of reporting lines to achieve common goals, objectives and deadlines. Ability to establish goals, priorities and timelines for self and business partners. Self-directed individual with strong organizational skills and attention to detail. The ability to perform professionally employing inherent customer service strategies and leading by example. The ability to present, review and discuss (orally and in writing) financial issues to non-financial constituents. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The University of Baltimore ("UBalt" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UBalt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
We appreciate your interest in our recruitment. Please review the information below before you visit http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html to apply.
We need to receive your electronic application in our system by the vacancy closing date in order to consider you for the vacancy. Information follows about submitting the electronic application and attaching your cover letter and resume.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
• Save one PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered.
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THE FOLLOWING PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level. Entering this information is required.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: Answer the questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer them, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or applying for the vacancy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
- Never use the Internet Explorer “Back” and “Forward” arrows to navigate. You will lose the information you have submitted.
- To navigate between pages, use the “Next,” “Previous,” and “Return to Previous Page” buttons.
- Use the “Save” button to save your information so you can return to it later and complete your application. Using “Save” does not complete the process to apply for a job opening.
UBalt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
The University of Baltimore ("UBalt" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices.