Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Assistant Director, Law Career Development - Full Time, Contingent II
Law Career Development Office
Vacancy number 301202
Position Type: Contingent II (Contractual) full-time exempt with benefits
Opens: 12/15/21 Closes: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
Be a part of the University of Baltimore School of Law’s Law Career Development Office (LCDO) team to help law students and alumni realize their career goals and potential. The Law Career Development Assistant Director will work as part of the LCDO team to counsel and coach students and alumni in career planning, professional and talent development, job search strategies, resume preparation, interviewing skills, and networking in the diverse legal market and other professional career paths.
The Assistant Director will conduct outreach to recent graduates who are still seeking employment to both obtain updated employment information and to offer intensive job search support and coaching. The Assistant Director will assist in the collection, analysis and reporting of employment data. This position will also research and post job opportunities and assist with on-campus career fairs and LCDO programming.
We look forward to receiving your required electronic application with a cover letter and resume and learning about your interest in and qualifications for our vacancy. Please save your required cover letter and resume as one document and attach it in the resume location.
• Counsel J.D. students, and alumna/i.e., with a particular focus on recent graduates
• Review resume and cover letters
• Conduct mock interviews
• Work with students on professional development including interviewing skills, job search strategies, application materials, etc.
• Facilitate networking opportunities for students, by identifying and attending with students bar functions, meetings, and other networking events.
• Model and teach professionalism in the work place; work with student organizations and demonstrate and facilitate student leadership in event planning and employer relations.
• Develop and cultivate employer relationships to create career opportunities for students
• Research and post job opportunities
• Assist with on campus recruitment efforts
Statistics and Reporting:
• Work with recent graduates to collect employment information
• Assist in the collection and analysis of employment statistics
• Assist in the compilation of reports
• Utilize computer database for employment reporting and information gathering.
LCDO general programming
• Support LCDO programs, career fairs, and career development initiatives in broad range of areas.
• Assist in response to inquiries that come in to the LCDO via email, phone, walk-in appointments.
• Assist in the management and creation of social media content.
• Draft content for the LCDO Weekly Record and other communications with students.
Required Education and Experience
Education: Juris Doctor (JD) from an ABA accredited law school
Experience: Three years or more in the practice of law or related professional experience.
• Familiarity with the legal job market
• Experience in marketing, recruiting
• Experience in doing presentations
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with the legal job market is preferred, as is previous experience in marketing, recruiting, and presentation and speaking skills.
• Proficiency in all applications of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word), and experience with databases and online resources including career services databases.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
• Excellent organizational skills and experience, including a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
• Discretion and judgment in dealing with students’ confidential information and other sensitive matters.
The University of Baltimore ("UBalt" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UBalt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
We appreciate your interest in our recruitment. Please review the information below before you visit http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html to apply.
We need to receive your electronic application in our system by the vacancy closing date in order to consider you for the vacancy. Information follows about submitting the electronic application and attaching your cover letter and resume.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
• Save one PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered.
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THE FOLLOWING PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level. Entering this information is required.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: Answer the questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer them, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or applying for the vacancy, contact email@example.com for assistance.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
- Never use the Internet Explorer “Back” and “Forward” arrows to navigate. You will lose the information you have submitted.
- To navigate between pages, use the “Next,” “Previous,” and “Return to Previous Page” buttons.
- Use the “Save” button to save your information so you can return to it later and complete your application. Using “Save” does not complete the process to apply for a job opening.
UBalt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
The University of Baltimore ("UBalt" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices.