Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Student Affairs Coordinator
School of Law
Vacancy Number 301108
Position Type: Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Opens: 12/18/20 Closes: 01/19/21
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
The Student Affairs Coordinator plays an integral role in the life of the law school working closely with law students to support both extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. The Coordinator works with students to help them grow as emerging leaders. The Coordinator manages all aspects of nearly 30 active law student organizations as they develop programming designed to foster professional development and job connections. The Coordinator serves as a first point of contact for student organization officers and their faculty advisors. The Coordinator also serves as the administrative and operational point person for co-curricular student activities including law journals, moot court and mock trial teams and select specialty programs. The Coordinator establishes best practices and procedures that align with university requirements and helps students with logistics for key events such as symposia, competitions and the annual student public interest auction. As a member of the law school’s Office of the Academic Affairs, the Coordinator will also serve as a member of the exam team.
We look forward to receiving your required electronic application with a cover letter and resume and learning about your interest in and qualifications for our vacancy. Please save your required cover letter and resume as one document and attach it in the resume location.
Law Student Organization Management
• Provide administrative management of law student organizations, including student organization officer training, registration of new student organizations and officers, and oversight of student organization management software.
• Responsible for fiscal oversight and management of allocated funds to student organizations. Supervise financial audits of external accounts maintained by law student organizations. Advise, facilitate and oversee funding allocation process for law student organizations.
• Provide professional and operational development for student organization officers. Recruit, hire, train, and supervise any necessary student staff.
• Serve as staff point of contact for all needs related to student organizations. Develop and evaluate institutional policies relating to food and alcohol for law student organizations.
• Serve as liaison to university student affairs office to promote coordination in areas of shared responsibility and oversight.
• Coordinate annual law school academic and extracurricular signature events including symposia, moot court/mock trial competitions, workshops and annual public interest auction. Assist student organizations in the planning and execution of their signature events.
• Manage budget and timelines for each event and coordinate staffing and communications strategies. Assist student organizations in the planning and execution of their signature events. Responsible for accounts payable functions via credit card and purchase order. Work with venue and other vendors as needed to conform with university procurement requirements.
• Serve as a liaison between students, the law school and university administration, designated venue and other venues.
Moot Court and Mock Trial Teams Administration
• Serves as staff liaison for students involved with the law school’s moot court and mock trial teams to facilitate their participation in competitions. Manage allocated budget and resources to support student participation in competitions held within the law school, regionally and nationally. Provide the teams’ assistance with all logistics including registration fees, travel arrangements. Handle all reimbursements for students competing on teams.
• Work with Moot Court/Mock Trial Board throughout school year to arrange events related to their annual competition and award ceremony as well as hosting any other competitions at the law school. Assist with the law school’s compliance with ABA standards.
Law Publications Administration
• Provide administrative support to law journal members for travel and event logistics, managing all allocated resources and budget to support their activities.
• Be the point of contact for their operational needs and assist in training them on operational policies. Assist with events such as recruitment and symposia as noted above. Assist with the law school’s compliance with ABA standards.
• Participate as member of the exam administration team, including serving as a Head Proctor for law exams. Assist with other exam-related activities. Attain and maintain working knowledge of exam software.
Required Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience in law-related field, higher education or other project management.
• Master’s Degree
• Familiarity with systems software such as PeopleSoft, ExamSoft
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
• Excellent organizational skills and experience in project management, including a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Discretion and judgment in dealing with students’ confidential information and other sensitive matters.
• Proficiency in all applications relating to Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
We appreciate your interest in our recruitment. Please review the information below before you visit http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html to apply.
We need to receive your electronic application in our system by the vacancy closing date in order to consider you for the vacancy. Information follows about submitting the electronic application and attaching your required cover letter and resume.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
• Save one PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered.
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THE FOLLOWING PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level. Entering this information is required.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: Answer the questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer them, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or applying for the vacancy, contact email@example.com for assistance.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
- Never use the Internet Explorer “Back” and “Forward” arrows to navigate. You will lose the information you have submitted.
- To navigate between pages, use the “Next,” “Previous,” and “Return to Previous Page” buttons.
- Use the “Save” button to save your information so you can return to it later and complete your application. Using “Save” does not complete the process to apply for a job opening.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution. The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices.