Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Vice President for Enrollment
Office of the Vice President for Enrollment
Vacancy Number 301066
Position Type: Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Opens: 05/20/20 Closes: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
The University of Baltimore seeks a Vice President for Enrollment to join its team. This individual provides critical leadership in enrollment and management of the functional areas of Admissions, Financial Aid, Marketing & Creative Services, and the Office of Records and Registration to achieve enrollment goals. The individual is responsible for the strategic assessment, organization and building of the recruitment and admissions function at UB and is charged with continuous improvement in the design and implementation of policies, processes, and systems geared toward enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruiting and admissions function. This is a career building opportunity for an experienced, driven leader to ensure UB’s long-term sustainability. This enrollment professional will join a team of experienced, collaborative and talented individuals who are passionate about UB and its mission.
• Reports directly to the President of the University.
• Serves as a member of the President’s Executive Team.
• Collaborates with all major administrative areas of the University; University System of Maryland; and local, state and federal governmental agencies in carrying out assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Collaborates with Academic Affairs, the Provost, Administration & Finance, College Deans and program directors to establish enrollment goals and develop recruitment strategies.
• Supervises Assistant Vice President of Admissions, Associate Director of Graduate Admissions, Executive Director of Financial Aid, Director of Marketing & Creative Services, and Assistant Vice President & Registrar.
Responsibilities and Duties
The VP for Enrollment will lead the Admissions/Enrollment division and promote a student-centric philosophy with integrity, quality and passion and has primary responsibilities for performing the following duties:
• Reporting directly to the President and serving as a member of Executive Team, providing direct oversight of Admissions, Financial Aid, Marketing & Creative Services, and Records/Registration.
• Developing a strategic enrollment plan and targeted enrollment goals.
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Admissions Office, including oversight of the admissions team and continual assessment of office processes (e.g., inquiry generation, application processing and review, recruitment strategies, communications) to ensure they are effective and efficient and are utilizing technology to its fullest potential to streamline processes and achieve enrollment goals. Keeps the President apprised of status updates and any issues with recruitment, admission and enrollment processing.
• Develops, coordinates, implements and assesses the recruitment plan for each of UB’s primary target markets (e.g., freshmen, transfer, and graduate) with marketing leadership, admission staff, finance and budgeting, deans and program leadership, and any other appropriate offices.
• Leads freshmen, transfer and graduate admissions teams with the development of the individual recruitment and enrollment plans, regularly monitoring their outcomes. Provides oversight in the management of the entire admissions process and maintains final authority for acceptance or denial based on admission standards as determined by academic programs and leadership. Collaborates with marketing to develop a strategic marketing plan and assists with determining best practice strategies related to student recruitment and enrollment, including but not limited to website enhancements, social networking, multi-media, advertising buys and list buys for campaign in order to achieve enrollment goals. Takes the lead role in developing, reviewing, updating and distributing recruitment materials, and coordinates prospective student and applicant communication efforts to maintain a multifaceted recruitment plan.
• Establishes the process for and coordinates the new student scholarship awarding process in collaboration with the financial aid process.
• Oversees the development and management of the Admission, Financial Aid, Records, and Marketing & Creative Services budgets.
• Ensures compliances with all state, federal, USM/UB and/or accreditation requirements regarding recruitment, admissions, enrollment, and financial aid.
• Develops a culture for reliable data available at predicable intervals, constructs key performance indicators, and uses metrics and analysis for planning and decision making.
• Works closely with the Office of Institutional Research & Data Analytics on enrollment modeling, projections, and data mining.
• Must have demonstrated experience in strategic enrollment management, including experience with graduate and transfer enrollment, ideally at an urban university.
• Outstanding leadership and management skills and a documented record of accomplishment and success in admissions working at a senior level.
• Ability to attract racially and culturally diverse student populations and work with faculty and staff in a diverse workplace.
• Evidence of strong collaborative skills and ability to partner across academic and non-academic units.
• Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of admissions systems, CRM systems, and student information systems. Experience with SalesForce a plus.
• Master’s degree required.
• Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in college admissions, recruitment and enrollment.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
• Record of accomplishment in leading a team to meet and exceed enrollment goals.
Applications, Inquiries, and Nominations
UB has retained Isaacson, Miller, a national executive search firm, to assist in this search. All applications, inquiries, nominations, and referrals may be submitted in strict confidence at the Isaacson, Miller website for the search: www.imsearch.com/7530.
Dan Rodas, Partner
Alycia Johnson, Senior Associate
Isaacson, Miller www.imsearch.com/7530
Phone: (617) 262-6500
If you submit an electronic application instead of applying with Isaacson, Miller, then please review the following navigation before visiting http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html to apply.
The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to Apply
Please read the following information before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
- Never use the Internet Explorer “Back” and “Forward” arrows to navigate. You will lose the information you have submitted.
- To navigate between pages, use the “Next,” “Previous,” and “Return to Previous Page” buttons.
- Use the “Save” button to save your information so you can return to it later and complete your application. Using “Save” does not complete the process to apply for a job opening.
A - ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
• Save one PDF or Word document with your application documents.
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the PDF or Word document you saved with your application documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THE FOLLOWING PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level. Entering this information is required.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: Answer the questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer them, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page, click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or applying for the vacancy, contact email@example.com for assistance.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices.