Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Administrative Assistant I
Position Type: Contingent I non-exempt (Contractual)
Opens: 08/29/12 Closes: Open Until Filled
- Edits, formats, and revises a variety of documents and materials created by others. Proofreads for grammatical, typographical and basic content errors.
- Composes responses to routine inquiries in accordance to general instructions.
- Develops, implements, and maintains paper and electronic filing systems which meet department needs and satisfy requirements for retention and information security. Enters, updates, and retrieves information as needed.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, independently handles routine matters, and forwards remainder to appropriate parties.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments. Prepares background and support materials following general instructions. May attend meetings and provide minutes.
- Keys in payroll data and maintains spreadsheets as instructed.
- Gathers and consolidates background information for reports, utilizing available resources such as departmental files, policy and procedure documents, Internet research, and communication with internal and external contacts.
- Orders supplies and equipment. Oversees equipment maintenance. May create routine reports.
Requires a high school diploma or GED and 2 years of experience providing administrative support. Also requires:
- experience using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet proficiency
- ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a courteous and efficient manner
- ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions
Include "Administrative Assistant I" on all correspondence and in your e-mail subject line. Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.