Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Position Type: Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Opens: 06/21/13 Closes: 07/08/13
Salary: $35,000 - $37,000
The University of Baltimore is committed to a mission of access and affordability and seeks to enroll students who can succeed academically in its programs. The Admission Counselor will play a significant role in recruitment efforts and will, along with other admission officers, be responsible for achievement of the University’s enrollment objectives for new students.
The purpose of this position is to meet aggressive enrollment growth goals by actively recruiting prospective students and new applicants from inquiry through initial enrollment. The admission counselor will advise prospective students as they make decisions about furthering their education by providing information about the University, its programs, procedures, and campus life. In addition, he/she will provide timely and accurate follow-up to inquiries and applicants based on a communication strategy. Finally, the admission counselor will establish and maintain relationships with key partners within and outside of the University of Baltimore. This position will be cross-trained with responsibilities in freshman, transfer, and graduate areas. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Support the enrollment goals of the Undergraduate Admission Office
• Meet targets for inquiries, applicants, and enrollment including specific weekly goals for telecounseling, visits, contacts, and applicants
• Use data, reports, communications strategies and goals, and directives to manage a select letter group of prospects and applicants
• Cultivate and advise prospective students on aspects of UB including program choices, financial aid, admission, registration, and campus life
• Maintain a thorough and current knowledge of program requirements and policies
• Guide prospective students through the enrollment process via phone, e-mail, online chats, open houses, workshops and one on one appointments
• Review admissions applications and make admission decisions
• Work with admitted students to obtain academic advising, enrollment, and financial aid
• Participate in on-campus enrollment events
• Assist in the strategic expansion of enrollment at UB
Establish and maintain relationships with personnel at public and private high schools, community colleges, colleges and universities both in and out of state
• Responsible for managing a designated recruitment territory
• Represent UB at high school, community college, college and university recruitment events both in and out of state
• Develop relationships with key stake holders at high schools, colleges, universities and community colleges through on site visits and various enrollment events
Utilize the following technology to achieve increased enrollment:
• Image Now – Document imaging
• Microsoft Office, including word, Outlook and Excel
• CRM – Customer Relations Management Systems
• Social media – Face book, Twitter
• Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of one year experience in sales and marketing preferably in admissions or higher education
• Demonstrated ability to meet goals
• Demonstrated proficiency with new technology and social media
• Proficient in Microsoft applications
• Requires two evenings per week, occasional weekends, as well as flexible scheduling during peak recruitment times
• Excellent public speaking skills with the ability to move an audience to action
• Excellent written communication skills with the ability to adapt to the university style guide and the preferred AP format
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent sense of humor
• Valid driver’s license
• PeopleSoft knowledge preferred
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THESE FOUR PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: There are three questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer these three questions, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or using the Candidate Gateway online resume submission process, please call Human Resources at 410.837.5410 to ask for Candidate Gateway help or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.