Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Position Type: Contingent I (contractual)
Opens: 09/24/13 Closes: Open Until Filled
Salary: $20.00 - $24.00/hour
* Oversee and manage the Bob Parsons Veterans Services, coordinating activities and services that support veteran and military students to enroll, achieve success and degree completion at the University of Baltimore.
* Work collaboratively with one Licensed Clinical Counselor, VA Certifying Official and Military, Veterans Admission Counselor and their respective supervisors in provision of service to veteran and military students.
* Oversee a veteran students’ work-study program and supervise veteran work study students
* Under the guidance of the University Registrar and Director of Financial Aid, provide support to students who receive veterans or military education benefits.
* Interact and work collaboratively with the VA Certifying Official and also the Student Accounts third-party billing staff.
* Interact with all staff in the one-stop-shop for enrollment services to ensure consistent and quality services for veteran students.
* Under the guidance of the AVP for Admission, participate in the development and implementation of a military student recruitment strategy.
* Collaborate with University Relations regarding communications and marketing.
* Collaborate with the military/veterans admission counselor, Center employees and student groups to support achievement of enrollment objectives for these students.
* Under the guidance of the AVP for Student Affairs, develop and implement programs and services designed to meet the unique needs of veteran and military students.
* Develop and implement a variety of transitional programs for veterans military students entering college.
* Implement veterans and military recognition events.
* Liaison with student groups; MVUB and Military Law Student Association.
* Maintain informational materials and displays and VA waiting area.
* In collaboration with the Director of Academic Initiatives, develop and implement academic programs and services for veterans (Military to College Bridge, Prior Learning Assessment, etc.)
* Maintain knowledge of PeopleSoft systems and develop means by which the Veterans Center can track and monitor military and veteran students.
* Provide data and analysis as requested.
* Manage the UB veterans’ website in collaboration with EMSA colleagues, Bursar and University Relations.
* Serve on the University’s Veteran’s and Military Services Committee.
* Maintain excellent knowledge of FERPA.
* Review and evaluate existing policies, procedures and support services that affect veteran and military students, make recommendations for improvements, collaborating with University staff to improve students’ experiences and enhance retention of veteran and military students at UB
* Maintain comprehensive relationships with Offices of Admission, Enrollment Services, Student Affairs, Academic Affairs and the Bursar’s Office and other appropriate university units.
* Reports to Student Affairs.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree
* Current or prior military service
* Relevant experience and knowledge of veteran and military student education benefits
* Proven ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and collaboration within a collegiate organization
* Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills
* Proven ability to handle sensitive issues
* Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent technical skills with student data systems such as PeopleSoft
* 2 years of experience in higher education administration
* 2 years of experience in a counseling or advisory capacity working with students, particularly veteran and military students
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THESE FOUR PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: There are three questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer these three questions, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or using the Candidate Gateway online resume submission process, please call Human Resources at 410.837.5410 to ask for Candidate Gateway help or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.