If you have event sponsors, or if you are offering sponsorship levels, we may be able to help you manage those donations. Sponsors may be eligible for tax deductions.
Sponsorship contributions can qualify as a tax deduction, if all of the following apply:
- for name or logo placement, only
- sponsor is engaged in a trade or business
- sponsor does not receive a return benefit greater than 2% of the sponsorship contribution
- promotional information is limited to any (or all) of the following:
- sponsor’s name, location, contact number & email address
- sponsor’s brand/trade name or product/service listing
- description does not contain the value of product/services
Please note: You must include the following information on all solicitations:
“All donations to the University of Baltimore Foundation are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. All donations are processed by the UB Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization”.