UB Foundation Fund for Excellence - Program Overview
The UB Foundation Fund for Excellence Grants Program plays an important role in helping to advance the mission of the University of Baltimore. The funds raised will be used to provide special one-time funding to support: 1) the expansion of existing academic programs; 2) new and innovative academic programs and initiatives; 3) special onetime projects or initiatives; and, 4) University wide needs. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- innovations in teaching and learning,
- projects providing unusual or exemplary experiential learning opportunities,
- projects leading to exemplary research, applied research, or creative activity,
- projects promoting student engagement and/or developing unique co-curricular activities, and
- facility projects enhancing the campus environment.
Grants are generally limited to a maximum of $25,000 and are not to exceed two budget years.
The due dates for the current fiscal year are:
- Wednesday October 18, 2017
- Wednesday January 17, 2018
- Wednesday April 11, 2018
The UBF Grants Program Committee was created to allow the UBF Board and UB to have input into the way funds are expended, while maintaining a pool of funds that can be used to support various projects and initiative that are consistent with broad UB goals and strategies.
Proposal Budget Template (Optional)
Financial Reporting Form (To be submitted along with Final Grant Report)
Read more about selected programs and initiatives supported by the UBF Grants Program.
Oyster and Storm Experiments in the Chesapeake Bay
UB Campus Food Pantry
Laurel Cemetery Excavation
Armagh Project (Study Abroad in Ireland)