You can set up Microsoft Outlook to access your UB mailbox, including calendar and contacts, from off-campus computers. You can also access shared mailboxes using this option. If you need to access a shared mailbox after you configure Outlook, contact the OTS Call Center.
Once Outlook has been configured successfully, you will no longer need to use Outlook Web App to access your e-mail remotely.
Outlook 2007 Set-up Instructions
- In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts and then click Mail. Note: In Classic View, double click Mail.
- From the Mail Setup screen, click Show Profiles.
- Click Add.
- On the New Profile screen, enter a profile name (e.g. UB Email) and click OK.
- From the Add New Account screen, enter your name, Ubalt email address and password.
- Click Next.
- Once the e-mail server settings are configured (this may take a few moments), click Next.
- When prompted to login, enter your netID (Note: cis\ must be typed in front of the netID).
- Enter your password. Click OK.
- Click Finish.
- If prompted, restart Outlook.
- You will need to re-enter your username in the format cis\netID.
Once your account is set up, you will need to uncheck the Use Cached Exchange Mode option and configure your Exchange Proxy Settings.
- Click Tools on the menu bar.
- Click Account Settings.
- Double click your UB exchange account from the location indicated below.
- Uncheck Use Cached Exchange Mode.
- Click More Settings in the lower right corner.
- From the Connection tab, click Exchange Proxy Settings.
Make sure the appropriate boxes are checked as shown below. Your proxy settings should mirror this screenshot.
21. Click OK.
22. Click Finish. Depending on the size of your mailbox, it may take several minutes before all your data is available.