The online Practicum in Writing (WRIT 200) offers the convenience and stimulation of a fully online, highly-interactive environment. Before you enroll, we want you to understand the following special requirements:
- activate your UB email account. Information about the opening of web courses and how to access them will be transmitted via your UB email address.
- for at least several hours each week, have access to a computer with an internet service provider (ISP), 56k modem or faster internet connection, Web browser (Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher or Netscape 6.2 through 7.2), and Microsoft Word 97 or later.
- be an experienced computer user who is familiar with the internet.
- have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- have a back-up plan in case of failure of your equipment and/or installed software.
- see the Sakai Technical Requirements page by clicking here.
You must be able to come to UB's Baltimore campus to take the exit exam.
You must register for WRIT 200.WB1 no later than the Friday prior to the start of the regular (15-week) semester.
If you register on time and do not receive an email about your course by the first day of classes, try logging in to Sakai through the MyUB Portal. If you cannot log in to Sakai, please call Sakai Sakai Support at 1.855.501.0856.
Otherwise, register for WRIT 200.WB1 as you would for any other course.