These requirements apply to:
- all new freshmen (fewer than 24 college credits) who entered UB in fall 2013 and after
- all new students entering UB in fall 2014 and after
UB's General Education program focuses on six broad areas that provide the essential skills, competencies and habits of mind that all undergraduate students need to thrive in a complex, ever-changing world. Those areas are:
- Quantitative and Qualitative Thinking
- Critical Thinking and Ethical Reasoning
- Global and Intercultural Knowledge
- Humanistic and Aesthetic Thinking
- Personal and Professional Skills
See the list of courses that fulfill the General Education requirements.
Learn more about General Education at UB.
Gen Ed courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, except those indicated *, which must be completed with a grade of C or better.