Reading, writing, thinking, knowing, doing—making knowledge work.
We are committed to making sure you have the skills and knowledge to succeed in a career that may be characterized by many roles, often across multiple fields. In 2016, we restructured our general education program to increase flexibility, clarify categories, and provide a comprehensive foundation.
Our undergraduate curriculum includes 38 credits of general education in the following areas:
- Arts & Humanities (9 credits)
- Social & Behavioral Sciences (6 credits)
- Physical & Biological Sciences (7 credits)
- Mathematics (3 credits)
- English Composition (6 credits)
- General Education Electives (7+ credits)
UB's flexible general-education program encompasses Maryland requirements as well as specific University of Baltimore requirements. You'll be engaged, challenged and offered opportunities to develop skills and competencies that will last a lifetime.
- all students who entered UB prior to fall 2013
- any student who entered UB with 24 or more credits before fall 2014
- all new freshmen (fewer than 24 college credits) who entered UB between fall 2013 and spring 2016
- all new students entering UB between fall 2014 and spring 2016
- all new students entering UB in fall 2016 and after
- current students who have opted in with adviser approval