A perfect fit for you if you're preparing for law school or in such majors as jurisprudence and criminal justice.
This minor is ideal for students interested in developing the close reading and communication skills needed for professions in law, communication and business.
Requirements and Guidelines
- This minor requires you to have completed at least 24 credits with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- You may use a maximum of 6 credits to satisfy both major (degree) and minor requirements.
- You must earn at least a C (2.0) in each course you apply to the minor.
Minor Requirements (6 credits)
- The Archeology of Language (ENGL 392)
- Understanding Narrative (ENGL 395)
CMAT Requirement (3 credits)
Choose one of the following:
- The Rhetoric of Digital Communication (CMAT 342)
- Media Literacy (CMAT 352)
- Mass Media & Society (CMAT 371)
ENGL/WRIT Requirements (6 credits)
Choose two of the following:
- Popular Genres (ENGL 331)
- Media Genres (ENGL/CMAT 333)
- Literature & Law (ENGL 356)
- Literature in Society (ENGL 400)
- Argument & Persuasion (WRIT 314)
- Legal Writing & Rhetoric (WRIT 381)
Faculty Contact: Professor Cheryl Wilson, 410.837.5203