For students who want to make a difference in their community.
Community Studies and Civic Engagement majors are not eligible for this minor.
Requirements and Guidelines
- This minor requires you to have completed at least 24 credits with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- You may use a maximum of 6 credits to satisfy both major (degree) and minor requirements.
- You must earn at least a C (2.0) in each course you apply to the minor.
Minor Requirements (15 credits)
Required Courses (12 credits)
- Understanding Community (CSCE 200)
- Community Studies (CSCE 300)
- Leadership for Social Change (CSCE 306)
- Community Engagement Experience (CSCE 481)
Electives (3 credits)
- Topics in Community Studies (CSCE 297)
- Introduction to Nonprofit Leadership (CSCE 301)
- Social Awareness and Ethical Responsibility (CSCE 311)
- Community Organizations in a Digital World (CSCE 315)
- Nonprofit Management (CSCE 400)
- Community Leadership and Decision-Making (CSCE 412)
- Capstone Seminar (CSCE 482)
- Special Topics in Community Studies and Civic Engagement (CSCE 497)
- Personal Selling (MKTG 430)
Kristen Tull, 410.837.5372