Gain practical knowledge of the fundamental language, culture and practice of marketing as a communication tool in business.
Students in the Business Administration, Information Systems and Technology Management, Real Estate and Economic Development, and Digital Communication (Public Relations Specialization) programs are not eligible for this minor.
Requirements and Guidelines
- This minor requires you to have completed at least 24 credits with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- You may use a maximum of 6 credits to satisfy both major (degree) and minor requirements.
- You must earn at least a C (2.0) in each course you apply to the minor.
Minor Requirements (15 credits)
Required Courses (9 credits)
- Introduction to Financial Accounting (ACCT 201)
- The Economic Way of Thinking (ECON 200)
- Marketing Management (MKTG 301)
Electives (6 credits)
- Internet and Business (INSS 401)
requires successful completion of INSS 300 or permission of the instructor
- Advertising and Promotion (MKTG 415)
requires successful completion of MKTG 301
- Personal Selling (MKTG 430)
Faculty Contact: Professor Dennis Pitta, 410.837.4891