Skip to content

Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty Educational Assistance Program

Remember to certify your enrollment!

Once your paperwork has been processed through VA, you must certify your enrollment monthly through the VA Web site at

As a new student to UB, please complete the following list to utilize your Montgomery GI Benefits:

  1. Complete VA Form 22-1990, Application for Educational Benefits, online.
  2. Complete the Military Semester Enrollment Form once you have enrolled in your courses.
  3. Provide a copy of your DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE).
  4. Review UB Military Benefits Checklist.
  5. Submit all paperwork to UB's Office of Financial Aid.

Transferring to UB?

If you have utilized Military and Veteran Benefits at another school, please complete the following steps:

  1. Submit the Veteran Semester Enrollment Form
  2. Submit a copy of your DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
  3. Submit the Request for Change of Place of Training (VA Form 22-1995)

A credit evaluation must be completed for undergraduate students by the Office of Admission.

Last Published 3/8/17