Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty Educational Assistance Program
Remember to certify your enrollment!
Once your paperwork has been processed through VA, you must certify your enrollment monthly through the VA Web site at http://www.gibill.va.gov/.
As a new student to UB, please complete the following list to utilize your Montgomery GI Benefits:
- Complete VA Form 22-1990, Application for Educational Benefits, online.
- Complete the Military Semester Enrollment Form once you have enrolled in your courses.
- Provide a copy of your DD-214 or Certificate of Eligibility.
- Review UB Military Benefits Checklist.
- Submit all paperwork to UB's Office of Financial Aid.
Transferring to UB?
If you have utilized Military and Veteran Benefits at another school, please complete the following steps:
- Submit the Veteran Semester Enrollment Form
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 or Certificate of Eligibility
- Submit the Request for Change of Place of Training (VA Form 22-1995)
A credit evaluation must be completed for undergraduate students by the Office of Admission.
“Top-Up” eligible active duty DoD personnel may use the Montgomery or G.I. Bill benefit in conjunction with TA funds from their Service to cover those course costs to the Service member that exceed the amount of TA paid by his or her Service. RC members who qualify for Montgomery G.I. Bill benefits may use those benefits concurrently with TA. The combination of VA education benefits and TA will not exceed 100 percent of the actual costs of tuition.