Chapter 35 - Survivor and Dependents Educational Assistance
As a new student to UB, please complete teh following list to utilize your Survivor/Dependent Benefits:
- Complete VA Form 22-5490, Application for Educational Benefits, online.
- Submit a copy of Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) to UB.
- Complete the Veteran Semester Enrollment Form once you have enrolled in your courses.
- Review UB Veterans Benefits Checklist.
- Submit all paperwork to UB's Office of Financial Aid.
Transferring to UB?
If you have utilized Military and Veteran Benefits at another school, please complete the following steps:
- Submit the Veteran Semester Enrollment Form
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
- Submit the Dependents' Request for Change of Place of Training (VA Form 22-5495)
A credit evaluation must be completed for undergraduate students by the Office of Admission.