Your pathway to success
Important News and Information
- The University of Baltimore will be test score optional for first-time undergraduate admission consideration for fall 2023 enrollment. Contact your personal admission counselor for additional information. Apply now for fall 2023. Plan to attend one of our information sessions to learn more.
- Our Finish4Free program provides a tuition-free final semester for students who are on track to graduate in four years.
- Incoming first-time undergraduates are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships for four years of enrollment.
- View our first-time undergraduate viewbook to learn more.
At the University of Baltimore, your college experience is focused on preparing you for a job in a high-demand industry. We've created a groundbreaking first-time undergraduate program to make that happen.
Once you select a Professional Pathway, you'll be paired with a personal academic counselor and a career coach. You will participate in professional speaker series, networking opportunities, community-focused projects and workshops—all aligned with career fields.
From the start, you'll be grouped with other students who share your broad area of career interest. If you haven't yet declared a major, it's OK. You'll enter one of five UBalt Professional Pathways that provide the opportunity to explore majors within these career clusters:The first-time undergraduate year at the University of Baltimore is built around an academic program that stresses experiential learning opportunities, learning communities, connections, support and career preparation. You'll spend your first two years fulfilling general education requirements and exploring your career interests while staying on course to either graduate in four years or continue on an accelerated pathway to your master's or law degree, saving you time and money. Learn more about the benefits of the UBalt Professional Pathways.
themed learning communities
As the foundation of your first-time undergraduate year at UBalt, learning communities offer a series of thematically linked classes that enable you to apply principles to real-world scenarios. Previous themes have included:
- Baltimore: Riots and Rebirth
- Speaking and Writing Under the City Lights
- The Dynamics of Crime and Punishment
- Business Leadership in a Borderless World
- Thriving in a Digital Economy—iPad, eBook, uThink
THE CITY IS YOUR CAMPUS
It’s easy to see why UBalt is rated the best college location in Maryland. Restaurants, museums and nightlife are just steps away from campus, and a free, 10-minute bus takes you downtown to the Inner Harbor, where career connections are waiting: Think internships, networking opportunities and access to employers in business, government and nonprofit organizations.
The University of Baltimore Office of Admission is excited to welcome prospective and admitted students to campus in person! Our Admission Counselors are eager to help you and answer your questions.
- Office Hours:
- Appointments: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-5pm
- Walk-in: Monday-Thursday 10am-6pm
- Virtual Only: Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm
- We are still available to assist you virtually! Click here to connect with an Admission Counselor by phone, email, LiveChat or Zoom!
- Register for an event to learn more about becoming a UBalt student.