The Link Between Domestic Violence & Homelessness: A Panel Discussion
- John and Frances Angelos Law Center
- 12th Floor
Join five local and regional experts who are working to curb homelessness for those who experience domestic abuse.
Danielle Cover, Visiting Professor, Family Law Clinic, UB School of Law
Antonia Fasanelli, Executive Director, Homeless Persons Representation Project
Shakeita Boyd, Community Housing Program Director, District Alliance for Safe Housing
Asma Hanif, Executive Director, Muslimat al Nisaa Women’s Shelter
Janice Miller, Director of Client Services, House of Ruth Maryland
The panel will be moderated by Margaret Johnson, associate professor and co-director for the Center on Applied Feminism at UB School of Law.
The panelists will discuss and share ideas about the following topics:
• The relationship between domestic violence and homelessness regionally;
• The services available to address homelessness for persons subjected to domestic violence;
• The current laws and funding that support housing for persons subjected to abuse;
• Legal reforms, including funding, that are necessary to better prevent homelessness for those subjected to domestic violence.
Presented by the Center on Applied Feminism and Students Supporting the Women's Law Center.
This event is open to the public. Lunch will be provided.
- Contact Name:
- Brittmy Martinez
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
If you need accommodations to participate in this event, please contact the person listed above at least 10 days prior to the event.