SBA Bone Marrow Drive
- John and Frances Angelos Law Center
The Student Bar Association, with the help of Professor Roxanne Smalkin, organized a bone marrow drive in support of Victoria “Vickie” Gelfman, J.D. '08, an Assistant State’s Attorney for Howard County. In February 2013, she was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Please consider joining her and other Maryland attorneys in an effort to add donors to the national bone marrow registry, in order to give leukemia patients a chance at life. Join Team Vickie!
More information about the Bone Marrow Registry:
- Although there are more than 20 million people in the Bone Marrow Registry, the chances of a person in need finding a match are very small.
- You can improve the odds by joining the registry. It takes one cheek swab and you could possibly save a life.
- You must be generally healthy and between the ages of 18 and 55.
- If you are already in the Bone Marrow Registry, you do not need to join again.
- Contact Name:
- Andrew Wong
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request 10 days prior to a campus event and 30 days prior to an event requiring travel.