UBalt's Startup Maryland Day
- William H. Thumel Sr. Business Center
MORE DETAILS TO COME.
Event Contact: Dir. of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Henry Mortimer.
Since 2012, budding entrepreneurs from The University of Baltimore have shared their ideas and concepts for new businesses each time Startup Maryland's "Pitch Across Maryland" bus tour makes its annual stop. We celebrate our entrepreneurs with a rally which includes watching them pitch their ventures at a competition. This year’s Startup Maryland Day celebration featured an afternoon of programming, including:
- “How-to" sessions on topics important to entrepreneurs and founders, such as angel investing 101 and support for minority and women entrepreneurs
- The chance for entrepreneurs to record their pitch for the “STRT1UP Road Show"
- “Office hours” with UBalt’s Mentors and Entrepreneurs-in-Residence
- Meeting and mingling with investors, business leaders, and other like-minded people
Startup Maryland is a peer-driven, high-growth, and tech venture-focused initiative leveraging ecosystem building for economic development. Striving to connect innovation communities, entrepreneurs, ecosystem builders, investors, and great ventures through its 4C mission elements:
Celebration | Coaching | Curation | Capital
- Contact Name:
- Henry Mortimer
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request 10 days prior to a campus event and 30 days prior to an event requiring travel.