It is very important for you to educate yourself about potential scams. Here are indicators that a job could be fraudulent:
- The promise of a large salary for very little work - especially those that state thousands of dollars of income per month with little or no experience required
- Positions that ask you to give credit card or bank account numbers, or copies of personal documents
- Jobs that ask you to send payment by wire service or courier
- Positions in which you are offered a large payment or reward in exchange for allowing the use of your bank account - often for depositing checks or transferring money
- While there are legitimate opportunities for individuals to work from home, be sure to research the position in advance of applying.
If you suspect a position posted in UBworks is fraudulent, please contact us. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact the local police as well.
Learn more: http://ftc.gov/jobscams
Student Center, Room 306
21 W. Mt. Royal Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Once you've created your Professional Goal and Action Plan, developed strong communications (see Communicate Your Brand), and gotten the word out (see Engage Your Network), it's time to look for a job.
Your job search will be most effective if you work from an Action Plan that includes your list of target organizations. You will be responding to posted job openings, but you can also initiate contact with places where you would like to work. Networking—online or in person—is the single most important thing you can do to make things happen.
Consider joining one of our Job Search Groups or make an appointment to discuss your search with a Career Coach by calling 410.837.5440 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Search Groups
Looking for a job in your field? Want to step up your search? Join the Career and Professional Development Center’s Job Search Group. Research shows that joining a job search group will help you find your job faster and easier - and at higher rates of pay.
If interested, complete this form or contact Malka Weintraub, career coach and counselor, at 410.837.5458 or email@example.com with your name, phone number and e-mail. A $40 fee covers a “Shortcut Your Job Search” book and all materials.