Are you ready to make things happen?
Opportunities don't always knock on the door. Make sure you have a strategic plan to stay focused on your professional goal.
As you create your opportunities, you will:
The interview is your chance to shine. No matter what opportunity you seek, these interview tips and resources can help.
engage your networkYour network can lead you to the right people who can open doors for you. Every effort helps.
Take a look at the list of target organizations from your action plan. Ask everyone you know whether they can introduce you to someone affiliated with one of the companies on your list. It doesn't need to be the hiring manager; it can be anyone within the company who can ultimately lead you to the person who might hire you.
Here's how to get started:
- Ask to meet with your referral for 20 minutes maximum.
- Ask relevant questions about trends and opportunities.
- Get additional referrals by asking who else you might speak with.
- Do not ask for a job—only for information that can lead to a job.
- Follow up with a proper "thank you."
- Repeat this process until you land a new job.
find a job
Watch more career advice videos.
After you create your opportunities, you'll be ready to develop a career management plan.