Join your fellow mentors for topic-focused discussions and updates. Coffee, fruit and donuts will be served.
Business Center, Room 133
Tuesday, Oct. 22, 9-10 a.m.
Thursday, Nov. 21, 9-10 a.m.
Friday, Dec. 20, 9-10 a.m.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI) matches students with select UB faculty, staff and alumni, called mentors. These mentors guide students in completing the PDI requirements, discuss their career goals and objectives, and provide support and advice.
Mentors meet with PDI members at mutually convenient times to help the students build upon their strengths and develop a plan for success. Meetings can occur via face-to-face meeting, phone or internet chat.
Interested in being a mentor? You are welcome to apply any time (see link below). We accept new mentors before the start of each fall term and hold training sessions in August each year.
As a result of trust that develops in a mentoring relationship, PDI Mentors may gain access to confidential information about UB students being mentored. Our program policy on confidentiality is that information shared with a PDI mentor will be kept confidential, except in cases of disclosure about past or present child abuse or neglect, or when it becomes apparent that a mentee is in danger of doing harm to themselves or another person. Should that be the case, a PDI mentor will inform the appropriate UB representative(s) so that preventative action may be taken.
1. Go to www.strengthsquest.com.
2. Click on Register or Sign In.
3. Enter your Access Code. This code was provided to you in your mentor acceptance e-mail. Can't find it? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.837.5476. If you need help signing in, call the StrengthsQuest Help Desk at 1-888-211-4049 or e-mail email@example.com.
4. Complete all of the fields on the registration page and click Continue.
5. Take the Clifton StrengthsFinder: Allow 45 minutes. If you lose your connection, sign in with your username and password; you will automatically be returned to where you left off. You have 20 seconds to respond to each item. Once completed, you will have access to your reports and additional resources in your account.
To download reports and access helpful resources to explore your themes, just log back into StrengthsQuest's site with the e-mail and password you used when you took the assessment.