The Office of Disability and Access Services is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for students with documented disabilities and works to ensure access to all campus facilities and programs.
Academic Center, Room 139
1420 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
map and directions
Spring 17 Hours
- Monday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Wednesday:9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
*Open later by appointment only
UB Police Info: If you are deaf/hard of hearing or deaf/blind or if you have a speech disorder and wish to contact the UB Police Department, call Maryland Relay at 1.800.201.7165.
UB's General Nondiscrimination Statement
Any ADA concerns should be directed to the director of the Office of Disability and Access Services at 410.837.4775.
Our services include:
- accommodations for the classroom and for campus life
- accessibility on campus
- advocacy support for students registered with the center.
- assure you are provided appropriate adjustments and support to facilitate your access to UB’s academic programs
- validate your needs as required under the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAA), reviewing and assessing documentation and determining appropriate, necessary accommodations and support
- address attitudes regarding disability, encouraging acceptance and dispelling myths—demonstrating that you should be evaluated on the basis of your ability, not disability
- encourage use of and make available training for assistive technologies
- provide referrals for work and personal achievement to support and promote a well-balanced life outside of UB
- support UB’s Office of Human Resources by providing advice and assistance with employee accommodations
- assist UB’s Office of Facilities Management with design suggestions to help ensure UB facilities are accessible.