Each graduate is eligible to receive five tickets to enter the Patricia and Arthur Modell Performing Arts Center at the Lyric. All guests entering the venue, including children, need to present a ticket. This includes children or infants of any age.
- Tickets will be available to be claimed electronically at http://ubalt.universitytickets.com/ during the general allotment period. Please be attentive to the commencement ticket deadlines.
- If you do not claim your tickets online by the posted deadline tickets are not guaranteed to be available.
- Please note that graduation tickets are not to be sold. Any report of tickets being sold will be referred to the Office of Community Life as a possible conduct violation. The process to request extra tickets will be available through our ticketing system. These tickets will include unclaimed tickets to the venue as well as tickets to the overflow room (typically held in the Law Center Moot Court Room). Individuals who receive tickets to the overflow room will not have access to the Lyric and will watch the ceremony via broadcast. This is the only method to request extra tickets through the Office of Transitions and Community Engagement. Extra tickets and overflow tickets will not be disbursed until after the general allotment period ends.
- Please do not attempt to request additional tickets outside of the ticket system.
- All ticket disbursement will cease 7 calendar days prior to the ceremony to allow the Office of Transitions and Community Engagement to prepare for the ceremony.
Please also be advised that it is the responsibility of each graduate to plan accordingly when inviting guests to attend their commencement ceremony. Graduates who are not able to invite all of their guests for commencement may consider the following alternative ways to celebrate with additional family and friends:
- Alumni Reception following the ceremony
- Ceremony Live Stream – A live stream of each ceremony will be added to the University of Baltimore Webcasts page one hour prior to the start of each ceremony. The live stream is compatible with all platforms, and best viewed with a strong mobile phone or Wi-Fi signal.