Certificate in Library Technologies Requirements
- These requirements apply to students entering this program in fall 2018 and thereafter. Students who enrolled earlier should consult the catalog in effect at the time they enrolled.
- You can also reference the graduation requirements for the year in which you enrolled on the portal; view graduation requirements by year (PDF) in the right-hand column of your MyResources page.
- Read the course descriptions.
Prerequisite: Upon admission, if you have not passed the Hypermedia Proficiency Examination (register online to take the exam), you are expected to complete PBDS 501 Introduction to Web Development with a grade of B or better before undertaking any other coursework; this course does not count toward the completion of the degree program.
This 12-credit program requires the following:
Required Courses (6 credits)
- IDIA 612 Interaction and Interface Design
- IDIA 642 Research Methods
Electives (6 credits)
Choose two of the following.
- IDIA 616 Designing for Mobile Web
- IDIA 619 Interactive Multimedia
- IDIA 622 Social Media for Organizations
- IDIA 630 Information Architecture
- IDIA 750 Special Topics
- MKTG 742 Social, Nonprofit and Public Sector Marketing
- INSS 784 Project Management or PUAD 733 Managing Public-Sector Projects