Certificate in Library Technologies Certificate Requirements
- These requirements apply to students entering this program in fall 2016 and thereafter. Students who enrolled earlier should consult the catalog in effect at the time they enrolled.
- You can also reference the graduation requirements for the year in which you enrolled on the portal; view graduation requirements by year (PDF) in the right-hand column of your MyResources page.
- Read the course descriptions.
Prerequisite: Upon admission, if you have not passed the Hypermedia Proficiency Examination (register online to take the exam), you are expected to complete PBDS 501: Introduction to Web Development with a grade of B or better before undertaking any other coursework; this course does not count toward the completion of the degree program.
This 12-credit program requires the following:
Required Courses (6 credits)
- Interaction and Interface Design (IDIA 612)
- Research Methods (IDIA 642)
Electives (6 credits)
- Designing for Mobile Web (IDIA 616)
- Interactive Multimedia (IDIA 619)
- Social Media for Organizations (IDIA 622)
- Information Architecture (IDIA 630)
- Special Topics (IDIA 750)
- Social, Nonprofit and Public Sector Marketing (MKTG 742)
- Project Management (INSS 784) or
Managing Public-Sector Projects (PUAD 733)