Assurance of Learning: M.S. in Forensic Science - High Technology Crime
Mission Statement: The Master of Science in Forensic Science - High Technology Crime program will develop students’ knowledge and skills as experts in the recognition of high technology crimes, thereby preparing them to investigate the expanding area of criminal activity relating to technology. Students will have the advanced knowledge and skills that will allow them to compete for careers in government and private-sector corporations for highly evolving jobs in cyber-security fields.
Program-Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduating from the M.S. in Forensic Science - High Technology Crime Program:
- Students will be able to identify the many modes of attack through digital space on computer systems.
- Students will be able to integrate knowledge of digital attacks and criminal activity.
- Students will be able to propose remediation to such attacks.
- Students will be able to evaluate government and commercial programs for vulnerability to digital attacks.
- Students will be able to design solutions for government and commercial programs to prevent attacks from happening.
- Students will be able to initiate effective counter-crime management programs.