Assurance of Learning: B.A. in Government and Public Policy
Mission Statement: The Bachelor of Arts in Government and Public Policy (GVPP) program provides its students an intensive government and public policy educational experience that builds a foundation for future graduate studies in government, public administration, and law-related degrees as well as a lifetime of learning within a global society. The core curriculum provides students with significant experiences in the areas of government, public policy and public administration. The GVPP program develops, in each student, competency in the skills of reading comprehension, communications and critical analysis.
Program- Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduating from the B.A. in Government and Public Policy program:
- Students will be able to apply empirical and normative theories of Government to contemporary initiatives, policies and international problems.
- Students will be able to identify key institutional and behavioral patterns of government institutions, public policy and political processes.
- Students will be able to critically analyze contemporary governmental, political and social issues and problems.
- Students will be able to evaluate proposed solutions to public policy issues and problems.
- Students will be able to integrate ethical and legal responsibilities into actions that lead to the welfare of local and global communities.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally about government, public policy and public administration.