Merrick Core Challenge
The Merrick Core Challenge is designed to promote and enhance assurance of learning within the Merrick School of Business. The questions are drawn from the undergraduate business core classes and designed to reinforce stated learning for all undergraduate students.
This week's questions.
- Questions are posted for three days beginning on Monday.
- Answers must be submitted via the survey site by 10:00 p.m. on the following Wednesday.
- On Thursday, correct answers are tallied, and a winner is randomly selected from the pool of eligible responses.
- The weekly winner is notified via email. The correct answer and the winner’s name are displayed on Friday.
- The weekly winner receives a donate item from our local Starbuck's (1209 N. Charles Street). Items can be claimed by visiting the Office of the Dean in BC 570 during business hours.
- Students will receive one entry for the grand prize* drawing for each eligible response.
- See the Merrick School's Facebook page for alerts to question availability and an announcement of winners.
* Keep trying each week because every correct answer is an opportunity to be one of 8 students who are selected for the grand prize — lunch with Darlene Smith, Dean of the Merrick School of Business.
To be eligible to win:
1. Must have a UB email addresss
2. Must be a current undergraduate business student
3. Must submit a correct answer
4. If multiple entries occur, your first entry will be the qualifying entry.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if more than one student submits the correct answer to the question? Do we all win Starbuck's items? We hope to receive many correct answers! However, only one randomly-selected, eligible student will win the item for that week.
Have a question? Send us an email.