A Curriculum Built for You and the Most Relevant Issues in Business.
The University of Baltimore MBA curriculum is built around these six major themes; every course fits into at least one:
- Managing Innovation and Strategy
- Leading and Managing People
- Interfacing with External Stakeholders
- Managing the Value Chain
- Managing Performance and Risk
- Leveraging Technology and Business Intelligence
The UB MBA is 36-48 credits.
Foundation Courses (0-12 credits)
Up to 12 foundation credits may be waived.
- ACCT 505 - Accounting Essentials (1.5 credits)
- ECON 505 - Micro Economics (1.5 credits)
- ECON 506 - Macro Economics (1.5 credits)
- FIN 505 - Essentials of Finance (1.5 credits)
- MKTG 505 - Marketing Essentials (1.5 credits)
- OPM 505 - Introduction to Operations Management (1.5 credits)
- OPRE 505 - Fundamentals of Statistics (1.5 credits)
- OPRE 506 - Managerial Statistics (1.5 credits)
Required Core Courses (15 credits)
All students in the program take these required core courses.
- ACCT 605 - Performance Management and Accounting Controls (3 credits)
- ECON 605 - Business and Public Policy in a Global Economy (1.5 credits)
- ENTR 605 - Creativity and the Entrepreneurial Mindset (1.5 credits)
- FIN 605 - Financial Management (1.5 credits)
- INSS 605 - IT for Business Transformation (3 credits)
- MKTG 605 - Marketing Strategy (1.5 credits)
- MGMT 605 - Leading with Integrity (1.5 credits)
- OPRE 605 - Business Analytics (1.5 credits)
Flexible Core (9 credits)
Are you more the corporate type or do you have an entrepreneurial mindset? These flexible core courses can be tailored to fit your career goals.
- FIN 615 - Entrepreneurial Finance (1.5 credits)
- FIN 625 - Corporate Finance (1.5 credits)
- MGMT 615 - Managing in a Dynamic Environment (3 credits)
- MGMT 625 - Collaboration, Negotiation and Conflict Management (3 credits)
- MKTG 615 - Entrepreneurial Marketing (1.5 credits)
- MKTG 625 - Customers and Markets (1.5 credits)
- OPM 615 - Innovation and Project Management (3 credits)
- OPM 625 - Operations and Supply Chain Management (3 credits)
Capstone (3 credits)
You are close to graduating. It's time to step up your game with the required core capstone course.
- MGMT 790 - Strategic Management Capstone (3 credits)
Specializations (9 credits)
These 11 areas of specialization will help you meet your professional goals.
- Customized (Build your MBA to fit your career goals.)
- Cyber Security and Organizational Resilience
- Data Analytics
- Digital Business
- Managing Financial Performance
- Global Management
- Health Care Management
- Leadership and Organizational Learning
- Public Sector Management