This Global Field Study abroad course fulfills the requirements for:
- MGMT 498/798 Global Field Study: Peru (3 credits)
- Undergraduate students must have successfully completed MGMT 302 and MKTG 301 or equivalent. Graduate students must have successfully completed MKTG 504. Students must receive approval of the instructor and be in good academic standing.students must have successfully completed MGMT 302. All students must be in good academic standing.
- The travel dates are January 5-12, 2013. The travel dates are January 5-12, 2013. There will be one pre-travel meeting on Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012 10-12 p.m., Room BC 221 and two post-travel meetings. The exact date, time and location for each of those meetings will be announced later. This field study features visits to successful companies in Peru which are models of marketing and business strategy. Students will gain a view of the strengths of each company in the local market.The course involves visits to two cities: Lima, the center of manufacturing, and Cusco, the former center of the Inca Empire.
Global Field Study Course to Peru
January 5-22, 2013.
- Open House about studying in Peru is scheduled for September 12th from 4-6 p.m. in BC 143.
- Course Flyer (.pdf)
Course Design and Schedule:
Peru has been one of the world's fastest-growing economies. This field study features visits to successful companies in Peru which are models of marketing and business strategy. Students will gain a view of the strengths of each company in the local market. In addition, Peru is the focus of considerable foreign competition and serves as a demonstration of market entry and competitive strategy. The economy is classified as upper middle income by the World Bank and is the 42nd largest in the world.
The course involves visits to two cities: Lima, the center of manufacturing, and Cusco, the former center of the Inca Empire. Today Cusco is an important commercial center with industries such as textiles, chocolate and brewing. Typically, marketing managers or VP’s of marketing will offer insight into their company’s strategies and successes as well as hard learned lessons. There will be six days of visits to companies and sights in Lima and Cusco as well as an included trip to Machu Picchu, a World Heritage site and a signature location of Peru.
Students participating in this international study experience will be assigned to teams and study one of the companies we visit. They will analyze their business and marketing strategy as it is shaped by the global and Peruvian environment.
Total Cost: The estimated cost for travel, lodging, and local transportation is approximately $3,380. The Wright Global Scholars fund will provide scholarships up to a maximum of $1,200 to eligible students; Wright Global Scholarship Application is required.
- For more information about this course please contact Dr. Dennis Pitta, email@example.com.
- To obtain approval to participate you must complete the Global Field Study Approval Form and submit it to Dr. Pitta.
Trip Cost and Payment Schedule:
- Initial Deposit: $400 due on Friday, September. 28, 2012. 1
- Second Payment: $1,400 due on Friday, October 26, 2012.
- Final Payment: $1,578 due on Friday, November 16, 2012.
Course Registration and Deadline: Friday, September 28, 2012
- All students will be registered for either MGMT 498 or MGMT 798 in the Winterim 2013 session after the initial payment has been submitted.
Course Tuition Due:
- Thursday, January 3, 2012 3