Service-Learning, Civic Engagement Conference, April 5
March 31, 2014
Contact: University Relations
The Service-Learning & Civic Engagement Conference, a full-day opportunity to share success strategies among students, faculty, and staff at institutions throughout Maryland and Washington, D.C. on the topics of community service, service-learning and civic engagement, will take place on Saturday, April 5 in the William H. Thumel Sr. Business Center (home of the Merrick School of Business) at the University of Baltimore, 11 W. Mt. Royal Ave.
This Maryland-DC Campus Compact event will provide opportunities for growth, professional development, and field exploration, with a focus on the following:
- Examine the latest thinking about how colleges and universities interpret and advance their civic missions.
- Strengthen the capacity of Baltimore, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., campuses to create, and sustain community partnerships.
- Provide opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and community partners to collaborate, network, and develop their capacity to lead transformative service experiences.
Members of the conference's planning committee now include staff and faculty from more than 15 institutions of higher education throughout Maryland and Washington, D.C., as well as community partners, and students.
The day's agenda is as follows:
- 8-9 a.m.: Check-in and breakfast in the Thumel Business Center Atrium
- 9-9:20 a.m.: Official Welcome in the John and Frances Angelos Law center Moot Court Room
- 9:20-10 a.m.: Morning Plenary in the Law Center Moot Court Room
- 10:15-11:15 a.m.: Morning Sessions in Thumel Business Center (various rooms)
- 11:25 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Lunch in the Thumel Business Center lower level/first floor
- 12:45-1:30 p.m.: Project Showcase in the Thumel Business Center first floor
- 1:45-2:45 p.m.: Afternoon Sessions in the Thumel Business Center (various rooms)
- 3-3:30 p.m.: Awards Ceremony and Raffle in the Thumel Business Center's M. Scot Kaufman Auditorium
- 3:30-3:45 p.m.: Closing in the M. Scot Kaufman Auditorium
To register for this event, go here.