12 Law Alumni Recognized at Daily Record's 'Leadership in Law' Event
May 31, 2017
Contact: Office of Government and Public Affairs
Twelve graduates of the University of Baltimore School of Law are among the Daily Record's 2017 Leadership in Law honorees. According to the newspaper, "Leadership in Law recognizes Maryland's legal professionals—lawyers and judges—whose dedication to their occupation and to their communities is outstanding."
Winners are selected by an outside panel of legal and business leaders, the newspaper said. A select few also are honored as up-and-coming lawyers through the Generation JD award, while those with long-time careers are recognized with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
The group was feted during a celebration held on May 11 at the BWI Hilton.
UB alumni who were honored include:
- Steven K. Fedder of Fedder & Janofsky LLC, J.D. '77
- Renee Lane-Kunz of Shapiro Sher Guinot & Sandler P.A., J.D. '03
- Brett S. Lininger of Semmes, Bowen, & Semmes, J.D. '05
- Sierrah B. Mitchell of Meng Law, J.D. '12
- G. Adam Ruther of Rosenberg Martin Greenberg LLP, J.D. '07
- Ryan Walburn of Franklin & Prokopik PC, J.D. '14
- Cylia E. Lowe-Smith of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management Office of the General Counsel, M.S. '08, J.D. '03
- Lisa Y. Settles of Pessin Katz Law P.A., M.P.A. '94, J.D. '94
- Jennifer J. Stearman of McGuireWoods LLP, J.D. '99
- Flavia Williamson of the Social Security Administration, J.D. '08
- Peter Angelos of the Law Office of Peter G. Angelos, LL.B. '61 (2017 Lifetime Achievement Honoree)
- Hon. John Debelius of the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, J.D. '78 (2017 Lifetime Achievement Honoree)
Also, Carol Ann Smith of the Maryland Attorney General's Office and a friend of UB, was among the honorees.
Learn more about the 2017 Leadership in Law event.