What Does $45 Million Mean to UB?
Need we say more? Thanks to the remarkable generosity of our donors, Uniquely UB: The Campaign for the University of Baltimore has ended on a record-setting note, raising $45 million. That’s almost double the funds raised in any previous single capital campaign at UB, not to mention 12 percent more than the campaign’s $40 million goal. In our estimation, that’s nothing short of amazing.
Because of you, UB has substantial new funding to support scholarships for deserving students, to attract and retain first-rate teachers and scholars, and to improve its facilities and technology. Overall, the campaign’s success will allow UB to continue serving as a leading-edge, 21st-century university and to meet the needs of both current and future students.
But we don’t want just to express our thanks. We’d rather show you exactly what that $45 million can do and the unquestionable impact it has already had and will continue to have on the University community.
Click the image below to see the Uniquely UB: The Breakdown infographic.
Uniquely UB: The Breakdown
- UB’s Helen P. Denit Honors Program received $75,000 in campaign donations to continue its innovative programming.
- Campaign funds allow 4 to 6 students and faculty members to hit the road annually and study or teach in countries all over the world.
- Average donor age: 55 (54.88, to be exact)
- Funds raised by the campaign provided 1,272 scholarships to deserving students.
- Estate and planned giving contributions account for $7 million of all funds raised.
- The donation that traveled the farthest to reach UB came from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—approximately 7,029 miles away.
- 1/3 of all campaign contributors were new donors.
- The UB campus grew significantly during the campaign, increasing its square footage by 50%.
- 130 donors made contributions of $25,000-$99,000, while 8 donors gifted $1 million or more.
- The buzz about the bee: Eubie’s mascot costume, funded by the campaign, weighs 11 pounds, has a four-foot wingspan, size 17 (extra-wide) shoes and a 15-inch stinger.
- The campaign lasted 7 years. That’s 2,555 days. Or 61,320 hours. Or 3,679,200 minutes. Or 220,752,000 seconds.