The Bee Card office, a virtual office
Virtual hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Virtual appointments are available; just email the office.
Need a Bee Card?
See below for instructions to request a card.
Troubleshooting: The Bee Card office only produces cards, but does not program them. See below for details.
Bee Cards are produced on business days, usually within 24 business hours.
Bee Cards will be available for pick up daily from 8a.m. to 8p.m. at the security desk in the Angelos School of Law. Government-issued photo ID must be displayed to pick up cards.
Card not opening campus doors?
If your card is not providing access to doors, select the link "Issues with your Bee Card" to submit a form so that the door access manager can assist you. (The Bee Card office just prints the cards, but does not program them.)
Card not working at the Fitzgerald Garage?
If you purchased parking at the Fitzgerald Garage and the card is not opening the gate, contact email@example.com and provide your name and student ID number (seven digit number, not your Net ID which contains some letters.)
Steps to Request a Bee Card
The Campus Card Office has the ability to take virtual requests for Bee Cards for students registered for at least one class, and for faculty and staff on the first day of work.
- Email our office with a picture of your government issued photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification purposes. Block out any personal information; we only need to verify your name and photo.
- Usually the card will be left at the Angelos Law security desk for pickup. If the card will be mailed, provide a current address to mail the Bee Card, our office does not have access to the address on file with UBalt.
- Provide a current photo taken with a smart phone. Photo guidelines are shown below.
MANDATORY PHOTO REQUIREMENTS:
- Photo taken with most smart phones works well
- JPEG format
- Preferred light blue background (no patterns or textures)
- Recommend standing in front of light color wall, door, or curtain for background
- Face and shoulders facing forward. Leave space around your head.
- Eyes open, look at the camera with head straight
- No hands, objects, other people within image, no photo inside car, or crowded background
- No hats, caps, headbands or head scarves (religious head coverings are acceptable)
- Color image, in focus, without any added effects
- Good lighting
- Recent or new photo
- Do not crop (Bee Card Office will crop)
Initial Bee Cards are free, and replacement Bee Cards cost $20. To issue a replacement card our office does not need a government issued ID for verification purposes since that process was completed at the time the original card was issued. The $20 replacement fee can be paid online, and is charged whether the original photo or a new photo is used.
How to Contact the Bee Card Office about your New or Replacement Card:
- Contact our office via email@example.com to let us know you need a new or replacement Bee Card, and confirm acknowledgement of the replacement fee.
- Provide a current mailing address.
- Feel free to ask for assistance.
The turnaround time to process, print, and mail an initial or replacement Bee Card is about a week. Our office will send you an email confirmation the day your Bee Card has been placed in the mail. All information, questions and inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bee Card is your campus: