THE UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE BEE CARD OFFICE IS OPERATING VIRTUALLY DURING COVID-19, WITH NO OFFICE HOURS BUT FULL SERVICE VIA EMAIL. ***Bee Cards are being mailed; see below.***
The Bee Card continues to add value to your campus experience. The Bee Card is the one-card solution for official UBalt identification, parking access, special campus privileges and more.
How to obtain your Bee Card while the campus is closed, since there are no office hours:
Incoming Students – Initial Bee Card:
What Is Needed:
- Email our office with a picture of your government issued photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification purposes. Block out any personal information; we only need to verify your name and photo.
- Provide a current address to mail the Bee Card, our office does not have access to the address on file with UBalt.
- Provide a current photo taken with a smart phone. Photo guidelines are shown below.
MANDATORY PHOTO REQUIREMENTS:
- Photo taken with most smart phones works well
- JPEG format
- Preferred light blue background (no patterns or textures)
- Recommend standing in front of light color wall, door, or curtain for background
- Face and shoulders facing forward. Leave space around your head.
- Eyes open, look at the camera with head straight
- No hands, objects, other people within image, no photo inside car, or crowded background
- No hats, caps, headbands or head scarves (religious head coverings are acceptable)
- Color image, in focus, without any added effects
- Good lighting
- Recent or new photo
- Do not crop (Bee Card Office will crop)
Current Students – Replacement Bee Card
Note that replacement Bee Cards cost $20; the fee is added to the student tuition account. Our office does not need a government issued ID for verification purposes since that process was completed with the initial Bee Card. You may request that your original photo be used for your replacement card, or if you wish to use a different picture, refer to the explanation above for new pictures sent by email. The replacement card fee will be charged regardless of whether a new photo or the original photo is used, and the payment process is online.
How to Contact the Bee Card Office about your New or Replacement Card:
- Contact our office via email@example.com to let us know you need a new or replacement Bee Card, and confirm acknowledgement of the replacement fee.
- Provide a current mailing address.
- Feel free to ask for assistance.
Our goal is to provide incoming and active students with a student ID card in a safe and socially distant manner in accordance with all CDC guidelines. To receive a student ID card, known as the “Bee Card,” a student must have a government issued photo ID. The turnaround time to process, print, and mail an initial or replacement Bee Card is about a week. Our office will send you an email confirmation the day your Bee Card has been placed in the mail. All information, questions and inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bee Card is your campus:
- Photo ID
- Library Card
- Campus Recreation and Wellness Membership
- Shuttle ID
- Parking Access Card
- A/V Checkout Card
- Bookstore Credit ID
- Door Access Card