What you need to know about receiving a refund based on your financial aid disbursement.
Once financial aid has been disbursed to the Office of the Bursar, the process of ordering refund checks begins.
- All federal, state and institutional financial aid refunds are processed through the Comptroller of Maryland. We begin to process refunds as soon as funds are disbursed; for more information, see the financial aid calendar.
- All refunds of private loans through commercial lenders are be processed through the Office of the Bursar.
How do you determine if you will be receiving a refund?
- Log into MyUBalt and click on My Student Center under My Self Service in the upper, left-hand corner.
- Under the "Finances" section, click "Account Inquiry" under "My Account."
- Click "Activity" to view financial details for the current term.
- If you are receiving a refund, you will see "Refund Student Annapolis" in the "Refund" column. Note your check will be mailed directly to the local address that is listed in MyUB usually no later than 10 business days after the request date listed on your account.
- To track the status of your refund check, log into the Maryland General Accounting Division's Online Services Center. To use this site, you will need to register as a vendor. However, if you are waiting for a check reissue, you won't be able to track the status of the reissued check through this service center.
To ensure you receive your financial aid refunds as quickly as possible, please make sure your local address and your Social Security number are correct in PeopleSoft. Visit My Student Center in the MyUBalt portal and review the information in the Personal Information section. You can update your address by clicking the edit box next to it.
If you are concerned about having funds to purchase books, we encourage you to sign up for the bookstore credit program. You'll find the link to do so directly below My Student Center in the MyUBalt portal. See the financial aid calendar for information about when you can sign up for the bookstore credit program.