Complete this to-do list before walking across the stage.
1. Register for Graduation
All students who anticipate graduating at the end of the semester must register online through MyUB or in person at the Office of the University Registrar. If you register after Sept. 12, 2015, there is a late fee. Once your registration is successfully completed, you will receive a notification by mail or through your UB email account. Please review the information immediately and notify the Office of the University Registrar at 410.837.4825 or at email@example.com if any information is incorrect. The absolute deadline to register to graduate and still be able to participate in the fall 2015 ceremony is Wednesday, Nov. 4; if you do not register by this date you will not be able to participate in the ceremony.
2. Pay Your FeeIf you register online through MyUB, you will automatically be prompted to pay the fee after completion; click on the "pay your graduation fee" link on the confirmation page. Payments can also be made in person at the Office of the Bursar or by phone at 410.837.4848. If you register after the graduation registration deadline you will be required to pay a $10 late fee.
- Undergraduate: $30
- Graduate/Doctoral: $40
3. Update Your Contact InformationAll graduation and commencement communications will be sent to the contact information you listed in MyUB. Update your contact information to ensure you don't miss important announcements.
4. Attend the Graduation FairMonday, Oct. 12: Noon - 6 pm / Tuesday, Oct. 13: Noon - 6 pm
Barnes & Noble at the University of Baltimore
Come by this one-stop shop for all your graduation needs:
- Purchase your cap, gown and graduation-related memorabilia.
- Pick up your graduation tickets and announcements. But don't forget your Bee Card; it's required.
- Verify your name on record is correct for inclusion on your diploma.
- Register with the Office of Alumni Relations—you're almost there!
- Speak with an admission representative about additional educational opportunities.
5. Purchase Your Cap and Gown
Graduates are responsible for purchasing their own commencement garb, which will be available during the graduation fair and online. Individual pieces are not able to be ordered online, only full regalia packages. The deadline to purchase your garb package online is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 15.
A limited number of bachelor’s and master’s garb sets will be available for purchase the week before the ceremony at the Barnes & Noble at the University of Baltimore. These purchases will incur an additional $20 late fee. Because doctoral robes must be pre-ordered, they will not be available the week before the ceremony. You may also purchase individual pieces such as caps, hoods and tassels at this time.
- Bachelor's (cap, gown, stole and tassel): $88.98
- Stole only: $33.98
- Master's: (cap, gown, tassel and hood): $99.98
- Hood only: $40.98
- Doctoral rental: (tam, tassel, gown and hood): $123.98 – preorder required
- Souvenir tassel: $6.98
6. Pick Up Your Tickets
All students are guaranteed the same number of tickets for the commencement ceremony, which is determined by the number of graduates and the number of seats available in the venue. All guests entering the venue will need to have a ticket, including babies and young children. Graduates will receive a separate ticket.
While we encourage those who do not need all of their tickets to share extras with fellow graduates, under no circumstances should a student sell or purchase tickets.
Fall 2015 graduates will each receive five tickets to their commencement ceremony at the Patricia and Arthur Model Performing Arts Center at The Lyric. Extras may be available. If so, all graduates will be notified.
There are three ways to obtain tickets:
- in person at the Graduation Fair
- in person at the Office of Community Life and the Dean of Students (Academic Center, Room 112), beginning on Wednesday, Oct. 14 through Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2015.
- online by submitting the Ticket Request Form.
You must have an active Bee Card and have registered to graduate at least 24 hours prior to picking up your tickets. Unfortunately, we are not able to allow anyone else to pick up tickets on your behalf.
Students who register for graduation after the final deadline (Nov. 4) are not eligible to participate in commencement and cannot receive tickets.
7. Help Us Recognize Your Honor Society MembershipWe need you to identify the honor societies you belong to so we can recognize you in the commencement program. If you are a member of any of the following UB honor societies should complete the honor society recognition form. Please share this information no later than Friday, Oct. 30.Alpha ChiAlpha EtaAlpha Phi SigmaBeta Alpha PsiBeta Gamma SigmaDelta Alpha PiDelta Epsilon IotaHelen P. Denit Honors ProgramMu Kappa TauNu OmicronOmicron Delta KappaPhi Alpha ThetaPi Alpha AlphaPi Sigma AlphaPsi ChiSigma Iota EpsilonSigma Nu TauSigma Tau DeltaTau Epsilon AlphaUpsilon Phi Delta
8. Be Prepared to Make Memories That Last
Be sure to look your best when you walk across the stage; professional photographers and videographers will be at the commencement ceremony to snap photos as you receive your diploma and to take cap-and-gown portraits. These photos are taken free of charge and with no obligation to order.
UB wants to make sure everyone can see you shine. Family and friends who are unable to attend the ceremony can watch you walk across the stage live online, and the University is happy to make disability seating accommodations. For more information, see Commencement Day Services.
9. Day-of-Ceremony InstructionsCeremony participants will receive instructions by email outlining all the information needed to successfully navigate the day of the ceremony. Graduates should review this information carefully to be sure they don't miss any important details.