Want to be one of the voices for your class? Here's how to apply.
The commencement ceremonies features an undergraduate and graduate student who each present a 3-5 minute speech. If you would like to be considered, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org . The deadline for applications is Friday, Oct. 30.
- full name
- mailing address
- email address
- academic status (undergraduate or graduate student)
- academic program
- grade point average
- description of campus and/or community involvement
- description of awards and accomplishments - school related and/or community
- a narrative outlining "your story" and why you believe you are a strong nominee for this selection (not to exceed four pages)
- Your speech (this should be your best effort, though you may edit your work before the ceremony)
Applications should be submitted to Kathleen Anderson, Dean of Students, at email@example.com.
A committee will review all nominations and invite selected individuals for one-on-one interviews. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Whenever possible we prefer that a graduating student serve as the vocalist for the singing of the national anthem at the commencement ceremony. If you would like to be considered for this honor, please forward a video of yourself singing the anthem to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for all submissions is Friday, Oct. 30.