Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Associate Director of External Relations
School of Law
Vacancy number 301253
Position Type: Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Opens: 05/25/22 Closes: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
• excellent tuition remission benefits
• outstanding health benefits plans and rates
• at least 11 paid holidays each year
• 40 days of annual, personal, and sick leave each year, including 20+ annual leave days
• great retirement plans
The Associate Director of External Relations’ primary role is to lead efforts to raise the profile of the law school among prospective students, within the legal academy and in the broader legal community, especially among law alumni. In conjunction with the Director and the senior leadership team, the Associate Director of External Relations engages with key stakeholders, including faculty, students, staff and alumni, and leads initiatives related to the communications and marketing strategy for the law school.
The Associate Director develops and promotes content for the school’s print, web and social media platforms. In partnership with the Director, the Associate Director also works with traditional media and with social media to market the law school and expand the presence of the law school in the region and nationally. The Associate Director also builds connections and collaborates with contacts outside of the law school in order to advance the work of External Relations.
We look forward to receiving your required electronic application with a cover letter and resume and learning about your interest in and qualifications for our vacancy. Please save your required cover letter and resume as one document and attach it in the resume location.
Build the Profile and Reputation Among Key Constituents
In close partnership with the Director, the Associate Director:
• Guides Law Admissions to craft the marketing strategies for law school programs including its video and print viewbook, and paid social media campaign to support recruitment and enrollment efforts.
• Leads projects to produce brochures, publications and videos, including developing production schedules, coordinating with freelancers, photographers, etc.
• Works on webinars and panels, and edits and posts recordings on YouTube to share on social media.
• Participates in the production of the law school’s digital magazine issues.
• Develops digital signage in the law school on three display screens, including helping with the design and scheduling of content for messaging and event promotion.
• Coordinate with law school and university colleagues and others on production, promotion and publicity for the law school.
• Gathers and creates news from law school stakeholders, including faculty and law alumni and promote it through appropriate platforms to key constituents.
• Gathers news and relevant data with university colleagues for reports and publications.
• Produce regular newsletters and printed materials that highlight law school events and accomplishments.
• Develops relationships with media outlets and within the academy to inform strategy and placement of law school news.
Develop the Law School’s Online Presence and Content
• Lead social media initiatives that align with External Relations strategy, such as developing and implementing social media campaigns.
• Makes sure that the law school’s website is updated, the content is concise and consistent with the overall branding and positioning of the law school and university, and the messaging support long-term marketing strategy and goals.
• Create content for the law school’s social media platforms and coordinate social media strategies with law, university and bar social media users.
• Produce and monitor metrics and measures to track and expand law school presence in social media platforms.
• Engage with faculty members, staff and students to understand their needs and improve the content of the website and the law school’s presence in all aspects of the law school’s website.
Plan and Promote Key Law School Events
• For major law school events, provide planning, promotion and on-site support, including media relations, signage and VIP management, as needed.
Required Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: 5 years of work related to the communications and/or marketing fields.
Preferred Education and Experience
Education: Master’s Degree
Experience: 7 years’ work experience in the communications and/or marketing field.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires excellent writing, editing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to successfully multitask and keep track of several varying responsibilities and timelines at once.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff, university colleagues, alumni and the general public.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs as well as graphic design software.
• Experience managing or updating websites.
• Experience with production of publications and/or marketing materials.
• Experience working with traditional media as well as social media.
The University of Baltimore ("UBalt" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UBalt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
We appreciate your interest in our recruitment. Please review the information below before you visit http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html to apply.
We need to receive your electronic application in our system by the vacancy closing date in order to consider you for the vacancy. Information follows about submitting the electronic application and attaching your required cover letter and resume.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
• Save one PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered.
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THE FOLLOWING PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level. Entering this information is required.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: Answer the questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer them, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or applying for the vacancy, contact email@example.com for assistance.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
- Never use the Internet Explorer “Back” and “Forward” arrows to navigate. You will lose the information you have submitted.
- To navigate between pages, use the “Next,” “Previous,” and “Return to Previous Page” buttons.
- Use the “Save” button to save your information so you can return to it later and complete your application. Using “Save” does not complete the process to apply for a job opening.
UBalt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution. The University of Baltimore ("UBalt" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices.