Remote Access for Using VDI on Windows PC's
OTS offers technology to remotely access software applications by providing a Virtual Computer Link (VCL). This virtual desktop allows you to access applications as if you were on campus using a standard UBalt Windows computer. You will be able to access Outlook, M, R, H and S drives.
You can connect to a desktop through your web browser by visiting the horizon.ubalt.edu site
To install the client locally, Continue:
Installation Instructions For Horizon View Client
Note: These instructions are written for Windows PC's. Please review the entire document prior to connecting.
- Download VMware Horizon Client for Windows, available here: VMware Client for Windows.
- Install the software.
- Reboot the computer and then launch the VMware Horizon View Client from the Start Menu.
- For the Connection Server, enter Horizon.ubalt.edu
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password. Use your UBalt netID and password. Click Login.
- Select an "Image" and then click Connect . Note: you may see more than one image if you have access to different VCL environments.
Tips for Using VDI with Windows
Save files on your campus M drive or R drive. You can also save files to your local PC drives (A:, C:, D:, etc.). Do not save files on the virtual desktop or to the C drive. These are temporary drives and will disappear when you logout. OTS cannot recover files saved to an incorrect location.
Make sure that you log off from the Start menu of the VDI desktop when you are finished working.
The virtual desktops provide standard software packages and will not serve up access to any special programs installed on your work desktop.
Troubleshooting and Help
Contact the OTS Call Center at 410.837.6262.