Windows Vista Setup for Secure Wireless
Setup Windows Vista for UBALT-SECURE Wireless
- Click the Start button and select Connect To.
- Click Setup a connection or network at the bottom of the window.
- Choose Manually connect to a wireless network. Click Next.
- In the window that opens, enter:
- Network name: ubalt-secure
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- Check the box for Start this connection automatically
- Check the box for Connect even if the network is not broadcasting
- Click Next.
- Click Change connection settings.
- Click the Security tab, then click the Settings button.
- In the Trust Root Certification Authorities section, select Equifax Secure Certificate Authority.
- Under Select Authentication Method, click the Configure button.
- In the window that opens, uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password and click OK.
- Click OK again to return to the initial Connect To screen.
- Under Select a network to connect to, select ubalt-secure.
- Select Enter/select "Additional log on information is required to connect". This message should appear the the bottom right of the screen.
- Enter your logon credentials in the next window:
- User name: your netID
- Password: your netID password
- Leave Logon Domain blank
- Click OK to connect to ubalt-secure.
Remember to update your password in the settings when you change your netID password.